Struggling really badly

Thanks so much Alv, I really think mines to do with stress and an imabalance in my nervous system too much cortisol and other hormones causing an imbalance so I am on praxotine ssri to try and stablise the imbalance I actually think its helping even though its been afew days. But its weird coz of u look up some of the symptoms pregnant women get the same kind of issue with thwir hands and feet too and stress is the only major factor that came about before all this happend I will fight it and I will get better I think worrying makes it worse much worse and ypu end up in a hole. Stay positove friends :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, I have EM , I have 2 daughters one has mouth ulcers. Please get checked your B12 and iron. Or B12 and shape of blood cells.
My ana is positive, I have seen rhym but he couldnā€™t help, so moved on to dermatologist then heam. Hope you have better luck tully

Hi Dave,
I am also in the UK.
Not long had my diagnosis.
Goto your gp explain you think you have em.
I took printed literature from online with me.
I take morphine after work in the evening and that sorts my pain right out.
Iā€™m having nerve induction studies and consultants appointments coming but as the morphine works its only a low 10mg dose they are quite happy for me to be on it.
If I dont take it the pain in my hands is unbearable I just stand at the sink with my hands in water.
Itā€™s a process where you have to find what works for you.
See your gp and ask for meds to help and always here If you need a chat mate.

Hello everyoneā€¦it has been great to read from you all and I have gained alot from the advice you been giving. I was diagnosed with EM four years ago after suffering from the same for many years. I live in UK where docs donā€™t know much about it. Mine affects my feetā€¦boobs which become crazyā€¦tummyā€¦earsā€¦neckā€¦my life is goneā€¦I take 10mg morphine at nightā€¦1800mg gabapentinā€¦50 mg ampytrprine and still nights are hell.

Please help my dear friendsā€¦all what I get from my GP and consultant isā€¦itā€™s a rare condition and we donā€™t know the causeā€¦some can suggest mushrooms and geneticallyā€¦my life is goneā€¦I donā€™t work anymore as wearing shoes is hell. This website I was given by my GP who couldnā€™t want to see me anymore as he thought he was of no helpā€¦can flares affect private parts as sometimes itā€™s hell for meā€¦

Maria

June 7

Please help my dear friendsā€¦all what I get from my GP and consultant isā€¦itā€™s a rare condition and we donā€™t know the causeā€¦some can suggest mushrooms and geneticallyā€¦my life is goneā€¦I donā€™t work anymore as wearing shoes is hell. This website I was given by my GP who couldnā€™t want to see me anymore as he thought he was of no helpā€¦can flares affect private parts as sometimes itā€™s hell for meā€¦

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

Maria

June 7

Hello everyoneā€¦it has been great to read from you all and I have gained alot from the advice you been giving. I was diagnosed with EM four years ago after suffering from the same for many years. I live in UK where docs donā€™t know much about it. Mine affects my feetā€¦boobs which become crazyā€¦tummyā€¦earā€¦

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

This sounds very difficult. Have you tried other medications besides your current regimen? If you havenā€™t, that is what I would push for. The medical literature has shown EM can be responsive to a wide range of medications.