Flippant doctors

Hi Alina

I think neurontin is gabapentin. And lyrica is an 'improved' version of both. Not sure. My memory is dreadful but I think I've got it right. I found gabapentin caused my constpation problems to get worse and lyrical L just stopped My digestive system completely. They sure seemed to be related. In my case at least.

I hope the Mexico time proves beneficial for you. All my fingers are crossed. Sorry, auto correct wants mexilitine to be Mexico time.

Blue

Alina Delp said:

Hello monkey. No I haven't taken neuron tin unless that is another name for a different med like gabapentin or lyrica??? I gave tried those2. Has it helped you? I have yet to find anything that has made a real difference but I have high hopes for my current treatment. I just had a lidocaine infusion and started mexilitin if that's how you spell it. I got great relief the first few days after the infusion and then it started wearing off. The mexilutine. Will take a few months to build up in my body enough to make a difference and it is suposed to have a similar effect as the lidocaine infussiin. We are going to try another infusion after I have been on my meds longer as I think that will prolong the effect of the infusions.
We are still experimenting. I Keeping My Fingers Crossed :)
Take care,
Alina

Yeah, it's gabapentin. It's just been since Thursday. Not having digestive effects (yet), but tired for sure, just pushing through a fatigue feeling. Not helping my feet yet, but my dose is low. She said give it 2 weeks before she ups it. I'm not holding my breath. I'm so sensitive to side effects with meds. How did you find out about the infusions?

I have many photos of my feet flaring. Maybe you could do the same?

Funny Blue! I wish I was having Mexico time. At least Mexico time with no EM :slight_smile:
Monkey, I found out about the infusions from other patients here who have had them. If you search in the posts for lidocaine infusions you should find some previous posts and links to more information on them. You will find the search button on the top right of the page.
Take care,
Alina

I know what you mean. have put Pond’s dry skin cream (facial moisturizer) on the tops of my feet. The skin on my feet gets rough from cooling them in water sometimes. SharonB

To all, I soak feet in cool water and Aveeno soothing bath treatment. Moisture and soothing soak!!
I take frankincense, ginger, and tumeric blend from Mrs. Mango and Company: 321-631-1194 just email them and tell them any probs you have and pics . They have also helped our son’s dog.
Mrsmangoandco@aol.com
$17.00 for 50 pills 2 a day . If you buy three packs they give 20% off. Mention that.

I also take vitamin B 12 Now. My husband read that B12 can help with Erythromialgia .
Seniors and tall people have a tendency to B12. I take two pills one in the morning one at night and they are 1000 mg each.
Great improvement with my flareups!!!
Since I added B -12 to my pill intake. I read that the body automatically sends away any B-12 not needed.

I always bring a PowerPoint of pictures with dates and times to my doctor because as many people say it’s like we are making it up.
Pictures are 1000 words because in a PowerPoint you can pull up at the top where it shows all of the pictures at one time under edit and they can see hot days and cool days.

I did mention on this site before that I use a Bed Jet which delivers controlled cold air under sheets. I did get the sheet to attach it but really don’t need that. Just use a comforter over it and it’s fine and also tuck cyber under mattress by feet. All depends on weight of the cover.
Found on website www.bedjet.com