Anyone had ivig?

I am starting ivig may 19th. Has anyone else had this? Can anyone share their experience? Did it help? Appreciate any info… Thanks! Jenn

Thanks it is short for intravenous immunoglobin. Tizzy all my labs are NML, too. I only have a slightly elevated sed rate. Because of this the neuro tried me on high dose steroids for a month. (Few flares). So she believes it is autoimmune. My genetic test and all other tests (and there were many) are fine. She said it has worked for others she has seen so I am keeping my fingers crossed!

I am so glad your neuro has agreed to give it a try. I am like you with suspicious autoimmune but normal tests other than elevated SED. Plaese keep us posted if it helps or not. I am sitting on the edge of my chair waiting!

Take care,

Alina

Alina I had to do a lot before the insurance would cover. They had to do a nerve biopsy and a prednisone course and prove that I had improvement with that. I will keep you posted! Hoping this is all of our answer!

Thank you so much Jen.

I called my insurance directly to ask about it being covered and they said with out the codes the doctors have they couldn't tell me. They did say however that usually if it isn't covered straight away they will see if I have tried all other known treatments normally covered and if so they will probably approve at that time. If I haven't tried all they would then tell me what must be tried first and if none of those work then it would be approved. Either way works for me. Maybe my insurance company will end up suggesting something else that works and if not I will get to try this. Either way it's a win win ( I hope)

Take care,

Alina