Does anyone also have Hyponatremia ( low sodium ion blood serum)

Dear All,

It has been a long time since I have posted. I hope everyone is doing as well as can be expected during COVID.

I have been mildly hyponatremic for at least a decade and I had a crazy hospitalization in late February through the start of April 2021. The doctors ignored my EM completely and instead chose to blame my thermoregulation issues and all my other symptoms on something else that was so ridiculous I don’t feel comfortable sharing. Also because I am filing a formal complaint against the hospital and I don’t want to discuss the issues directly because it may end up being litigated.

But please let me know if any of you have experienced low sodium readings and also hypothermia in relation to your EM. My doctor says that hypothermia, especially in winter time, can occur in EM due to excessive cooling and lack of heat indoors.

Thank you and please stay safe!

Jordy

One might think that as mexiletine and carbamazepine work as sodium channel blockers, having low sodium would help with EM. But just shows how much we have to learn. Really hope you get relief. Is your pain more problematic than any flushing ?