Help at Specialty Clinic

Today is my first day with the group and I want to thank those of you who have already made me feel welcomed. I joined the group looking for support and possibly answers. I was wondering if anyone has been to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN? They have a specialty clinic for Erythromelalgia. I am currently on a 2 month waiting list. I was wondering if anyone has been there and if they have had a positive experience with a treatment plan. I had started with symptoms noticeably in Dec of 2014. Looking back I was having periodic symptoms the summer of 2014 but I thought it was a reaction of some kind. I had Thyroid Cancer in March of 2013 and had my Thyroid removed, I have been taking Levythryoxine since and they are still trying to get my dosage correct. I go every three months to the Oncologist to get my blood levels checked and when I went in January I had brought pictures of my hands turning red. They said it was not Thyroid related and they had never seen anything like it. At that time my blood work numbers for my TSH jumped from .7 to 2.9 but they had no reason for why that would have happened. This was at the same time I started having EM symptoms. Could Thyroid issues have stimulated the EM to appear? Any information regarding the Mayo clinic and my Thyroid question would be greatly appreciated:)

Kerri,

After doing a TON of research I ran across something that mentioned certain medicines for cancer that caused the same symptoms as EM. I would suggest you check that out. I put the name below.

Hand-Foot Syndrome or Palmar-Plantar Erythrodysesthesia.