Mast cell lesions

I am new to the site and wondered if any of you have ever experienced eruptions of lesions on the face, or anywhere, during a flare. My husband's face turns bright red, I'm talking lobster here, and he gets these bumps all over the face when he is flaring. This is always accompanied by the burning hands and feet, so painful he can hardly speak or do anything until it calms down. When he was first diagnosed with "peripheral neuropathy", his doctor noticed these lesions and did a biopsy. The biopsy results were that they were mast cell lesions, and auto immune response to something?? My husband has since been told he likely has EM, we are just looking for answers, so please if anyone out there knows anything about this- please share. Many, many thanks- Ruthie

In EM face can be also flaring. Mine use to do. Everytime my face flares up, lot of lesions appear, but in my case they are just skin deficiencies from acne which arent normally visible but they become as the face starts flaring. Never heard that mast cells has something to do with EM, anyway it could be secondary EM related to some auto immune problem. I'd ask the doctors for more test, what does the auto immunity responds to, complete auto immunity blood tests, There are lot of autoimmune diseases and if your husband has one (or more) treating the disease could improve his EM.

Thanks for the input. Yes, he is believed to have secondary EM. He shows several abnormalities in his bloodwork with regards to autoimmune type disorders, but nothing conclusive to date. I will be sure to investigate further at our next visit.

liz said:

In EM face can be also flaring. Mine use to do. Everytime my face flares up, lot of lesions appear, but in my case they are just skin deficiencies from acne which arent normally visible but they become as the face starts flaring. Never heard that mast cells has something to do with EM, anyway it could be secondary EM related to some auto immune problem. I'd ask the doctors for more test, what does the auto immunity responds to, complete auto immunity blood tests, There are lot of autoimmune diseases and if your husband has one (or more) treating the disease could improve his EM.

I’ve never had lesions on my face, but I get painful blisters on my feet, and very occasionally on my hands. I’ve always thought of them as blisters rather than lesions. I am sorry your hubby struggles with the pain, etc. on his face too!