Need to find an EM doctor in Upstate NY or not too far from

Hi, Wishing you all well....I just became a member. I live in the Thousand Island area of New York State. Yes, it is cold here this time of year! TI is located about 70 miles north of Syracuse.

I am desperately trying to find a doctor in this area that has knowledge about erythromelalgia. If you know of any, please let me know.

Thanks

Tricia

hi, i'm sorry to tell you this, put there are only a hand full of doctor's in the world that know about EM and they know very little about it. good luck and god bless! peace be with you..

I concur. Has anyone else had a doctor call in all available staff to see you so they can say they’ve seen a patient with EM? I’ve had that happen to me twice - I wear it as a badge of courage and uniqueness and try to be magnanimous about the circus it creats when I go to Urgent Care or the ER when I’m having my worst flares.

Hi, I know this may be a long trip for you, but in Rochester, NY there is a dermatologist I am currently seeing for my EM. She worked on a study at Yale about EM. Her name is Dr. Gilmore and she is amazing. I don’t have all her information right now. If you Google her name as a dermatologist in Rochester ny you should get the information you are looking for. Good luck. Sometimes you have to travel a bit for a good Dr.

cgerula said:

Hi, I know this may be a long trip for you, but in Rochester, NY there is a dermatologist I am currently seeing for my EM. She worked on a study at Yale about EM. Her name is Dr. Gilmore and she is amazing. I don't have all her information right now. If you Google her name as a dermatologist in Rochester ny you should get the information you are looking for. Good luck. Sometimes you have to travel a bit for a good Dr.

Tricia said: HI, I just read about Dr Gilmore on URMC. I'll be calling Monday to hopefully get an appt. Thank very much. With thoughts and prayers, wishing you well.

cgerula said:

Hi, I know this may be a long trip for you, but in Rochester, NY there is a dermatologist I am currently seeing for my EM. She worked on a study at Yale about EM. Her name is Dr. Gilmore and she is amazing. I don't have all her information right now. If you Google her name as a dermatologist in Rochester ny you should get the information you are looking for. Good luck. Sometimes you have to travel a bit for a good Dr.

Hi

Here is a doctor in New York City...I know he is not that close to you but he is THE BEST.

Worth the travel. I was in a support group in NYC and 90% of the patients recommended him.

He is worth the trip. He will help you :)

Good luck.

Russell L. Chin

Weill Cornell Medical College

646 962 3202