Progression ... underlying conditions? -- Prepping for appt

So... here's my history:

I have celiac disease (10 years diagnosed), Raynaud's (5-ish years?), EM (2 years)... My ANA just came back positive, and my Vitamin D was really, really low (this month...)

Low-dose aspirin works for me to reduce flaring (but not immediately as some with blood disorders have seemed to indicate). My father died of lymphocytic leukemia.

While my symptoms for EM have not increased, my general level of pain, non-EM neuropathy, fatigue, and inflammation has increased. I have a few new, small tagliatelles that have popped up on my abdomen. I have worsening constipation, despite being strictly gluten free. I've been having weird painful, joint and muscle stiffness. Like walking around the grocery store... I can't carry a hand basket or my arm gets unbelievably stiff and hard to un-bend when I get to the checkout.

I couldn't get in to my rheumatologist till mid-May... and I like to go in with as much information as possible. I hate answering questions I'm not sure I truly understand or getting an answer I'm not mentally prepared for .. things don't sink in very well and I don't have the right questions to ask, etc.

So, I'm just kind of wondering what other people's progression and profile of other conditions looks like. What might that positive ANA mean? (I know it could mean nothing...)

Any tips on underlying conditions I should be looking into based on my history? Any additional blood work I should ask for before the appointment? My thyroid and liver results came back normal.

(I know you can't diagnose me and that someone else's experience won't necessarily be mine... I just like to go in knowing the terms we might be talking about so I don't waste an appointment not understanding or hearing what's being said...)

Thanks!!

I also believe in being my own educated advocate... as I'm sure most of us have had to fight to get an accurate diagnosis.

Your positive ANA could be associated with your celiac disease or it could mean nothing at all. 20% of the population will have a positive ANA test. The Mayo Clinic writes, "In most cases, a positive ANA test indicates that your immune system has launched a misdirected attack on your own tissue — in other words, an autoimmune reaction. But some people have positive ANA tests even when they're healthy."

An ANA test is often ordered when lupus is suspected, but a positive test does not mean you have lupus. When someone has lupus, they generally get a butterfly shaped rash across their face. It's usually an easy diagnosis. If you're unsure why the doctor ordered the ANA test, you should ask.

Thanks. (I am aware that it might mean nothing, but always good to hear...)

I think she ran it because of muscle, joint, and nerve pain; fatigue; etc., due to concern that having celiac elevates my genetic risk for other autoimmune diseases. All she said regarding the result was that I needed to go see a rheumatologist and possibly a neurologist to look into it, not anything about her suspicions. (I don't get the lupus rash.)

Oops... spell check fail on my original post... I have telangiectasias popping up on my abdomen, not tagliatelles.

'-)