Swelling of the feet and ankles when seated for longer than 30 minutes

I have a problem with fluid build-up in my feet and ankles if I sit at the table or desk for more than a half hour at a time. I think it is part of the EM disease but I wonder if anybody else has this problem along with the hot and burning feeling that a flair causes? It's quite painful when the swelling gets to the point where there is so much fluid built up in the ankles that I can't bend there any longer and the only way to get the swelling to go down is by lying down for at least an hour or two. Walking around with shoes on for any length of time will cause the same thing to happen especially if it is warm outside. It is really bothersome because I experience pain when walking in the balls of my feet and get the swelling if I sit for any length of time. I don't want to spend my time lying down except when I'm sleeping. Does anyone else have this problem with the swelling? ( Pain meds don't help and I've tried anti-inflamatory meds )

I have the same problem Brian. My feet swell mostly at night unless I eat something with salt in it or they get hot, then they can swell at anytime. Usually its my toes the worst then the tops of my feet and sometimes ankles. Watch your diet, Keep a log of what you eat, when you eat it, and when you have swelling and flares. That will help you see what in your diet might be causing the swelling. Right now its my hands that worry me as its been about 2 weeks of constantly swollen hands.

This happens to me - when I elevate my feet it feels like my legs are vibrating. My feet also turn blue when they are on the floor, and I’m seated. Have you noticed anything like this?