Burning tingling electricshocks thru feet

Hi my worst problem at present as after being on my feet for a long time once resting they burn, tingle electric shocks go thru them feet become numb this affects driving and doing a lot of walking as the numbness causes me to trip.

I have similar with my hands as well as my feet, however, when i rest they remain to feel hot, not red, but then have those little electrical zining thru them, Hard to explain isnt it? Mine with start to throb as well, and i feel my pulse going thru them, rather unpleasant for sure!

There may be something other than EM causing the shocks and numb feeling. Do you see a Neurologist? It sounds like the problem could be caused by a signal from your Central Nervous System. At times I've gotten the same kind of sensations and for me it's caused by a disorder of the CNS. Please know that I am a patient and in no way a doctor, I've just been a patient for ~ 20 years. I hope you are able to find some relief.

Could this all me connected with Fibromyalgia like symptoms? they seem to overlap so much..... I am still waiting for diagnosis, waiting for rheumatologist appt. which will take mths. and likely he hasnt heard of EM either? but have been coping with this for 3 years now.....but a life full of aching body parts lol

Yes, I get this aswell. Even without walking, I’m in a wheelchair due to EM, and I get it in that. They feet burn constant, if the burning is going to start thy tingle and I jump like mad with the electric shocks, they can last about 5 minutes then come and go, I jump at every one and sometimes cry, so I know what your feeling.

Oh, and I don’t have anything else just nerve damage to my sensory nerves.

Me too. That is Why my doctor put me on 8 hour/day work restrictions. It was getting worse the longer I was on my feet. Neurontin helps with this.

Char

i don't have fm as the symptons r strictly related to em as there has been some confusion with diagnose as i had some sypmtons that relate more to my womens condition pcos

ebakos said:

Could this all me connected with Fibromyalgia like symptoms? they seem to overlap so much..... I am still waiting for diagnosis, waiting for rheumatologist appt. which will take mths. and likely he hasnt heard of EM either? but have been coping with this for 3 years now.....but a life full of aching body parts lol

yeah i have same as u and those electrical sharp shocks sure make me sit up the pulse certainly races thru them

ebakos said:

I have similar with my hands as well as my feet, however, when i rest they remain to feel hot, not red, but then have those little electrical zining thru them, Hard to explain isnt it? Mine with start to throb as well, and i feel my pulse going thru them, rather unpleasant for sure!

I get the tingling, burning and electrical feeling when resting and when not resting, I was told this was all part of the EM. I have almost constant pins and needles when the EM is playing up and this can last me months, once it was over a year.

I was however diagnosed with RSD years ago and wondered if there was some link with that and me getting EM..? They have some similar symptoms and thats a CNS disorder.

oh i am so glad that people have given the answers i thought it was all mind

I don’t know if you have ever had EMG testing for nerve damage to see if it’s all ok, I have always referred to the tingling, jumpy shocks as the same effect EMG makes your feet go and do!

what is emg test and who does it in regards to this?????

An electromyogram (EMG) is a test that is used to record the electrical activity of muscles. When muscles are active, they produce an electrical current. This current is usually proportional to the level of the muscle activity.

EMGs can be used to detect abnormal electrical activity of muscle that can occur in many diseases and conditions, including muscular dystrophy, inflammation of muscles, pinched nerves, peripheral nerve damage.

The EMG helps to distinguish between muscle conditions in which the problem begins in the muscle and muscle weakness due to nerve disorders.EMGs can also be used to isolate the level of nerve irritation or injury. You can find more information here http://www.medicinenet.com/electromyogram/article.htm

EMG testing is done by a neurologist in there department, it is testing of the nerves and can detect if you have nerve damage and what kind of it, the test is completely harmless but it gives pulses through your feet nerves and it remindsme of that but painful.

gossie said:

what is emg test and who does it in regards to this???

If I remember right, a Neurologist will order an emg when looking for something like Multiple Sclerosis or another Central Nervous System disorder.

Yes Mike you're right, I had one when I first got EM symptoms because they thought it could possibly be MS...

I had one too upon my diagnosis of EM too. Not something I wish on someone. It hurt ! Smile. Char

I would say EMG was important to get done also as I ave saw a good few EM sufferers with nerve damage!
And char really? Did you find EMG painfull? Did you get the pulses through your feet/hands or the other side of EMG which is when they put needles in your muscles?. I have only had the pulses had them done about 4 times now, a wierd sensation but found it fine!

i found this test to be painful. it depended upon which nerve they were testing.