Buzzing sensations

Do any of you ever experience buzzing sensations before or during a flare? Last night my feet flared pretty bad. The burning sensation was excruciating but for the first time I felt buzzing in my legs and feet too. The buzzing has persisted post flare.

Yes, my feet buzz too. If I could describe it as a noise it would be low pitched and resonating.

It happens at the beginning and end of a flare usually but not always and sometimes does it without having a flare. It isn't the same as pins and needles or tingling feelings which are other symptoms accompanying a flare.

The buzzing is usually in my heels and makes them feel sort of heavy. Trouble is when they are buzzing it can bring on my 'restless legs' which I have suffered with for many,many years. I could probably manage to get to sleep with just the buzzing but combined with the restless legs it is impossible and I sometimes dread going to bed in case it starts them off. I'm getting quite good at dozing off whilst standing up!!

Did your feet feel that heaviness I described with the buzzing?

tillyp said:

Yes, my feet buzz too. If I could describe it as a noise it would be low pitched and resonating.

It happens at the beginning and end of a flare usually but not always and sometimes does it without having a flare. It isn't the same as pins and needles or tingling feelings which are other symptoms accompanying a flare.

The buzzing is usually in my heels and makes them feel sort of heavy. Trouble is when they are buzzing it can bring on my 'restless legs' which I have suffered with for many,many years. I could probably manage to get to sleep with just the buzzing but combined with the restless legs it is impossible and I sometimes dread going to bed in case it starts them off. I'm getting quite good at dozing off whilst standing up!!

Did your feet feel that heaviness I described with the buzzing?

Yes!!! I get the buzzing and didn't know how to describe it-it has spread to my hands now too! I also get the restless legs and heavy legs and feet

Re the restless legs, I read in my daily newspaper that taking ordinary baking powder (quarter teaspoon in water four times a day is helpful for restless legs. I haven't tried it yet but intend to. Not doing any baking lately so none in the cupboard. Do your arms get the 'restless' feelings too?

I had no sleep for 36 hours 2 days back due to the buzzing causing the restless legs. Finally managed to sleep last night after a bad flare finally died down to nothing at 1am.

invisiblenature said:

Yes!!! I get the buzzing and didn't know how to describe it-it has spread to my hands now too! I also get the restless legs and heavy legs and feet

i get a buzzing type feeling that feels like its just barely under the skin, and throbs that hurt and move all over, some people describe it as "ants crawling under the skin" which is great, but it doesnt tell how painful it is, but i think i do know what you mean

I never thought it could be related to restless legs. Mine typically corresponds directly with my flares. But the buzzing is incredibly annoying and borderline painful. I do get the heaviness feeling too!

I have though of describing the buzzing as a low volt of electricity going right under my skin. I have the restless legs but no heavyness yet. I am sure it is coming though.

If I am on my feet too long, or after standing in the shower too long especially, I get a feeling that I can't even describe to others. Its a painful, prickly-like, buzzing in usually only the bottoms of my feet. I would say it almost feels like when they are waking from falling asleep,.....but it doesn't. Its really the closest way I can describe it to my friends, family,..& doctor! Makes me wanna jump in & out of the shower like my pre-teen boy!

I have the buzzing quite often, worse with flares. It is difficult to describe, isn’t it? Drives me crazy at times.
This probably won’t make sense, but I feel like its static in my feet and onetimes legs. Like the static you’d hear between non-satellite radio stations, lol. Sometimes the volume is turned way up, sometimes it’s a low crackling, but the signals are definitely messed up!

I do get the buzzing too, I described it to my Dr as feeling like I have millions of creepy crawlies buzzing around just under my skin or having small electrical pusles running through my veins. I have this feeeling alot of the time, when sitting, standing or laying in bed...