Clinical Trial in Alabama

As some of may know, Xenon has been conducting clinical trials on a topical treatment for EM (and other conditions) that shows promise as an effective treatment for the pain of EM. They contacted me yesterday about being involved with a clinical trial. Because it requires three weeks commitment in Alabama, I am unable to participate, but here is the information in case anyone is interested.
-------
We are now planning a clinical trial with our topical analgesic ointment in patients with primary/inherited erythromelalgia (i.e. patients with a family history of EM) whose EM pain can be triggered by heat. The trial will take place in Alabama, USA, starting January/February next year. The trial will involve staying at a specialized clinical trial site in Alabama for 1 week of supervised dosing and pain assessments. This will immediately be followed by 1 - 2 weeks of dosing where participants can either return home if they live locally, or will be accommodated in a nearby hotel. Xenon would cover any incurred costs for each participant and his/her companion (optional) to travel and stay in Alabama.

If this trial sounds of interest to you, please could you let me know so that we can provide your contact details to the specialized clinical site in Alabama (who will be conducting the trial on behalf of Xenon) so that they may contact you for a more detailed discussion. Please be reassured that by agreeing to further contact, you are in no way obliged to take part in any trial. This would be merely to provide you with the opportunity to learn more about the study and to be able to make a better decision as to whether you may or may not be interested in participating.

If you are interested in being contacted by the clinical site, please reply to this email providing your phone number(s).

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
Katie Proctor

Katie Proctor, MChem.
Clinical Project Manager

Xenon Pharmaceuticals
3650 Gilmore Way
Burnaby, BC
V5G 4W8

Phone: (604) ■■■■■■■■
e-mail: ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■