Got in to Mayo.... any recommendations

I was surprised that I was able to get in to Mayo so quickly, so will be heading there in August. Anyone been there that has any insight in to what tests they will do, what treatments they may recommend, suggestions of what I should do on my end, etc?

You haven’t been diagnosed yet? It’s hard to know what doctors might do, since no one really knows anything about EM.
Good luck though…come back and tell us about your experience!

Hi. Went to Mayo three years ago. That’s where I was diagnosed. I saw a neurologist, rheumatologist and a dermatologist. The great thing about going there is that they collaborated and figured out what was going on after different tests. I can’t remember all of them but they did a sweat test and some sort of orthostatic hypotension test and an electrical current test. None were painful but the sweat test was uncomfortable. Got through it all and left knowing that I had erythromelgia and some other autonomic issues. The follow up was via email. I was very impressed with their comprehensive approach as well as meeting very compassionate health care providers. I hope you have a similar experience. Wishing you luck!!

1 Like