Hand tendon pain + EM?

Hello all!

I'm not sure if what I'm feeling is related to EM, but I wanted to throw this out there:

Within the last few months (maybe at least the beginning of the year), I started to notice that the tendons on the top of my hand really bother me, particularly (maybe even almost exclusively) in my left hand. It happens when I hold my hand in certain ways, or like when I'm typing. It's hard to explain the feeling, but it's kind of like an irritating pain, and it makes me want to rub/massage it, like when you strain a muscle. It starts in the middle of the back of my hand, kind of between the knuckle of me middle finger and my wrist, and sometimes the feeling extends down to just beyond my wrist. It's making typing difficult sometimes. One time it always happens is if I'm laying down and holding my phone in my left hand while trying to do something with my right hand, like type a text or something. (if you can imagine that).

Has anyone else every noticed this with their hands? Or is this totally unrelated (from what you can tell, at least). I tend to get flares almost equally in my hands and feet - it depends on what I'm doing, where I am, etc. I was actually just officially diagnosed (yay! ... kinda), but forgot to mention that when I was there,and getting an appt is hard with my schedule. So I'm just hoping for a little input before I try and get in again.

Thanks!

I have hand/nerve issues. I believe it is caused by going to sleep in my chair and pinching a nerve. If the problem is the little finger and half the next it would be the ulnar nerve (crazy bone nerve). If the rest of the fingers it is the carpal tunnel nerve system.

So my problem is not tied to EM unless you count an EM sleep issue. I hope this helps you......Jim

Check into your medical records and see if you ever took a Fluoroquinolone Antibiotic they are commonly prescribed.

(Cipro, Avelox, Levaquin -- etc.)

Common Side Effects can be felt many months and years after taking the drug.

Side Effects are:

Central Nervous System:
- toxic psychosis
- panic/anxiety
- insomnia
- seizures
- tremors
- dizziness
- confusion
- depression
- suicide or suicidal thoughts

Peripheral Nervous System:
- numbness
- pain
- burning
- tingling
- stinging
- weakness

Musculoskeletal System:
- joint pain
- tendon pain
- tendon rupture
- muscle pain (rhabdomyolysis -
a potentially fatal, rapid muscle wasting ADR which may include
dark or pink urine)

Cardiovascular System:
- torsedes de pointes (a fatal arrhythmia)
- heart attack
- palpitations (irregular heartbeat)
- bradycardia (slow heartbeat)
- tachycardia (rapid heartbeat)

Immune System:
- anaphylactic reaction (potentially fatal allergic reaction)
- Stevens-Johnson syndrome (potentially fatal autoimmune reaction where the immune system attacks the skin)

Additional ADR's:
renal (kidney) failure
liver failure (potentially fatal)

Drug Interactions - Fluoroquinolones should not be taken together with:

- Corticosteroids (ie: prednisone)
- NSAID's (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs ie: Advil, Nuprin, Motrin, Naprosyn, Aleve
- Caffeine
- Theophylline (asthma medication)

This is only a partial list of known fluoroquinolone adverse reactions ( ADR's ) There are numerous other potentially fatal ADR's associated with fluoroquinolone antibiotics. See the manufacturer's package insert for more complete (but, thanks to the FDA, not necessarily totally complete) list of ADR's.

I developed my EM after taking a course of these antibiotics.

I started getting what feels like tendon pain in my left arm (at the inside crook of my elbow) and right knee at Easter and nothing seems to help. Weiirdly the pain in my arm only happens in I move my hand/wrist in a certain position although this is a problem because I'm left handed so use this hand to do most tasks. I have been told that I have got sensitisation which means that things that shouldn't cause pain do and things that would only usually hurt a little or for a short time can cause long tern chronic pain. Now it seems that whenever I talk to my Dr about a new symptom/pain he just puts it down to this, offers me strong painkillers (which I refuse) rather than looking to see whats actually causing it.