Mexiletine (Mexitil) prescription on or off the USA market

Hi all. I have been trying to get current info on the drug Mexiletine. It was suggested for my EM with my particular Sodium Channel gene mutation, SFN and autonomic dysfunction. Currently on Plasmapheresis and prednisone treating what we think is a autoimmune component of my EM condition. A limited study in France found it beneficial for my particular gene mutation. At the time it was not available in the US. I believe it is available now. Can anyone tell me of their experience with the drug. Is it available in the US, at what cost and dosage, side effects and benefits? Thanks for sharing your experiences.
Jeffrey

Mexiletine is available in the United States as a generic prescription manufactured by Teva Pharmaceutical Industries, an Israeli multinational pharmaceutical company. Retail costs vary, but are generally in the range of $1 per pill. Health insurance may substantially reduce said cost.

I had an immediate favorable response to Mexiletine and have taken the medication for over 2 years. It continues to work well, providing greater than 90% coverage most days and upwards to 100% coverage on some. When symptoms do occur they are typically invoked through activity, not spontaneous, and are easily controlled. I must take each dosage with a meal to avoid heartburn. There have been no other side effects.