New EM last 6 months - likely post COVID

Hi Lauren,

Thanks for reply.

Alas - things have gotten worse. My toes were relatively stable, with a mix inflammation and EM-like symptoms. I received the first dose of the CV19 vaccine and 8 days later started having inflammation with joint swelling, finger swelling, etc.

Underlying all of this is likely a connective tissue disorder that triggering the vascular / blood vessel issues. With that inflammation, my hands - never previously involved until last month, also get a mix of reduced and increased blood flow, warming and cooling. Towards the end of the day, if lower my arms to gravity, the hands get immediately tight, similar to feet - with congestion. The cause of the symptoms in the hands is still being investigated.

I was thinking about a diet change, to see if that would change the microbiota in the gut, and perhaps change the inflammatory symptoms. Read your post - thought I would give the gluten/diary free diet a try. Its been a few days - no change for me. Hard to find things both gluten and diary free! Have not tried the supplements though.

Doing my best to stay hopeful - the hands really set me back. Hopefully some therapy is coming my way soon.