Success Stories

Sometimes it's hard to find Success Stories, Positive Discussions or groups that are uplifting on the site. We want to make it easier for you to find them....

So if you leave a link to a positive Success Story or a Blog Discussion post on the site in the comments below, we’ll move it into the main body of this post for easy access for everyone!

http://kateconklin.blogspot.co.uk/2010/02/erythromelalgia-running-rebel.html

An EM blogger that runs marathons.

Thanks for sharing Laura. An amazing story. It not only made me cry but also got me angry in a way. Angry at EM in a motivating way. I spend all day every day trying to avoid any flares so I can stay in as little pain as I can. This motivates me to want to push myself pain aside sometimes just do something you enjoy knowing you will suffer but doing it anyway! I know it’s too much pain and you can’t ignore it but every-once in a while for something I really enjoy I should do it. That way I still keep some control. I think it would be good for me emotionally. Thanks again.
Alina

I am glad that it motivated you Alina. It motivated me to start at gym again a couple of years ago. I worked through the pain, right under the air con and started spin classes and cycling. I havent been since March but I am definitely going to start cycling again this year.!

I am joining the gym too. I am starting swimming. It should keep me cool while finally getting some sort of exercise then see where it goes from there. I can’t keep living in constant fear of pain like I do. Some sort of balance because I am not up for constant suffering either. I hope you are able to get back to cycling. I used to cycle, both outdoors and spin classes. It was great fun. I do miss a good sweat!

I was a tad addicted to spin, doing 5 classes a week before. I found that the burning would turn to numbness after a little while and we all know that numb feet are better than burning feet… Just.! Good luck in starting out. X

Thank you. Yes I have to agree any kind of feet is better than burning feet!