Symptom checker

Just had an email from my sister who looks up anything she can for me that might be of interest or help with EM.

The article was in todays Daily Mail about a patient who had a brain tumour but her doctor thought she was just depressed. Otherwise look up the Daily Mail for todays date and search on the Health pages or click on the Link below to get to it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2299075/How-avoid-misdiagnosis-The-online-doctor-GPs-swear-by.html#ixzz2OguA9mjI

It mentions the following symptom checker that even doctors use. I copied the first page from the checker below.

The Isabel Symptom Checker is very different. For the first time, it gives you access to a highly sophisticated medical diagnosis tool that is much more powerful than previously available symptom checkers. Using the latest searching technologies, the system can take a pattern of symptoms in everyday language and instantly compute from our vast database of 6,000 diseases, the most likely ones.

It is based on the same system that is relied on by doctors and nurses around the world to help with diagnosis and is acknowledged as the clear leader in its field.

The Isabel Symptom Checker puts the world’s medical knowledge at your fingertips and enables you to make sense of your symptoms. It will change the way you speak to your doctor forever.

I actually tried it out to see if EM came up and filled in the short questionaire with red burning feet, tingling, pain as my symptoms and clicked on search. Although EM didn't appear in the first list of possible diagnoses there was an option to 'show all' and after clicking on that it brought up Erythromelalgia and also gave rheumatology as the speciality that deals with the condition. It also shows lots of the other conditions that members may recognise as being associated with the above symptoms.

The good thing about it is that EM is actually mentioned and what speciality it comes under.

I could be teaching my grandmother to suck eggs as many of you may be aware of the site already. If not, then at least it is another stick to beat the disbelieving doctors with.