Tennis Shoes

Do any of you have any preferences of tennis shoes? I wear Nike's with a pillow like sole, and they're great for when my feet are aching, but not very awesome when my feet get hot.

The Skechers Shape Ups are very comfortable on my feet, but it does get heavy after a while.

I've tried many different types of tennis shoes over the years and I find New Balance to be the best because they come in extra wide sizes which leaves plenty of room so the heat can dissipate easier. They also have material that lets the heat escape other than leather. I also found a type of sandal that is comfortable and holds your foot from slipping off.They are called "Montrail". They have arch support and also a "cup" to support the heel. Hope this helps for you. Brian L.

I know you asked about tennis shoes but I purchased two pairs of Merrell Lorelei Emme to accommodate my custom orthotics. I was getting tired of wearing my athletic shoes every place plus I'd have to carry extra pairs of socks and a pair of sandals to keep the heat at bay. The Emme have good inserts and they are open mesh around the toe box and sides. It took a few days for my feet to get used to the friction from the orthos but they don't get hot.

Oh My It'd be nice to wear tennis/sport shoes of any sort. But I can only wear flip flops with a smooth bottom, no socks. anything that warms my feet will bring a flare up immediately.

Keen Waterfront or Trailhead lines are the closest I've been able to get to sneakers. Can't wear real sneakers at all. Too hot. And the Keen's don't have the super high arch support that I need, but I'm thinking of taking them to a Pedorthist to see if they can build up the arch so I can wear something sneaker-like again.

Thanks for that info . I looked at the web site and there are some nice sandals I may try.

Kentuckian said:

Keen Waterfront or Trailhead lines are the closest I've been able to get to sneakers. Can't wear real sneakers at all. Too hot. And the Keen's don't have the super high arch support that I need, but I'm thinking of taking them to a Pedorthist to see if they can build up the arch so I can wear something sneaker-like again.

I have the Keen Whispers, which I bought from Zappos for winter wear last year. I was having trouble with twisting my ankle and falling, in my old shoes, and I discovered that the Whispers have a heel made to prevent that. It worked great. I didn't fall in them. Loved them, but can't wear them now until I get the arch built up because I have Pes Planus and will get Plantar Fasciitis again if I wear anything as-is other than Birks.

Cathyc said:

Thanks for that info . I looked at the web site and there are some nice sandals I may try.

Thanks I will probably go with a pair of sandals or flip flops. like

WAIMEA H2 because I can't handle anything on my feet that cause warmth or tight.

I understand Cathy! Before Magnesium, I wore sandals all winter even on the snowy days. Had to.

Cathyc said:

WAIMEA H2 because I can't handle anything on my feet that cause warmth or tight.

But I do take it and it may not be as faithful as I should but I may need to do so. Do you think it mays a huge difference?

Kentuckian said:

I understand Cathy! Before Magnesium, I wore sandals all winter even on the snowy days. Had to.

Cathyc said:

Cathy,

I hope you get this message. The website is doing something weird when I hit “reply”. I’m one of those people for whom Magnesium is extremely helpful, but it doesn’t work for everyone. It can even make some people worse. You have to figure out the dosage range to try based on your weight. You can find formulas on the web for figuring it out. If I don’t take enough it doesn’t work. If it’s going to work for you, it takes about 3-4 weeks, after getting up to your full dose, to see a difference if taking it faithfully, every day. Some say you shouldn’t take it unless you also take Calcium and I do also take Calcium supplements in almost double the mg of the magnesium.

I like reebok reflex. They have a really soft sole and I added a doctor sholes gel pad and arch support. The bottoms are really flexible so I'm able to play basketball, baseball, or hiking. They don't have any ankle support really so I have to becareful in stopping and changing direction. They are a mesh so they breath well. I also use the no tie laces so I can slip them on and off quickly.