What shoe insoles work best?

I'm trying to figure out what material will be most comfortable against my feet. I can't wear socks, EVER, as they make my feet hot. I wear orthotics all the time so that covering has been changed several times. Now it's a suede kind of fabric. They used to use plastic, before I knew I had EM, but I had to change that. My feet are so sensitive that trying a shoe that was supportive without orthotics was unbearable for me becasue the plastic surface was not smooth. The Dr. said NO ONE else had reacted to that but me!

I can't be barefoot because I have other foot issues so wonder what materials others find most comfortable?

Thanks!

I have the same problem! I have ordered soo many shoes from Zappos and had to send them back because it seems like any material irritates my feet. I was wearing a pair of smooth flip flops that are so worn out, but they were the only ones that wouldn't cause my feet to flair. I bought these to put inside sandals and they are very smooth: http://www.footsmart.com/P-Gel-Thong-Sandal-Insoles-pr-10747.aspx. Maybe you can find something that might work for you on this website.

GREAT website , thank you! They even have a Canadian site. Don't those insoles make your feet hot cuz they're plastic?? I'm ordering some other things cuz I also have some Plantar Fac. in left foot. And I"m ordering the Othoheel Tide sandal. It looks good. Have you tried it?

kb904 said:

I have the same problem! I have ordered soo many shoes from Zappos and had to send them back because it seems like any material irritates my feet. I was wearing a pair of smooth flip flops that are so worn out, but they were the only ones that wouldn't cause my feet to flair. I bought these to put inside sandals and they are very smooth: http://www.footsmart.com/P-Gel-Thong-Sandal-Insoles-pr-10747.aspx. Maybe you can find something that might work for you on this website.

The insoles are soft and almost gel like. They actually keep my feet cool and feel smooth. I looked up the Orthoheel Tide sandal and the material that goes between your toes would really irritate my big toe (due to a past injury), but thanks for the suggestion. I just ordered some more shoes from DSW. Hopefully something will work!

good post, thx!

I can not wear any shoes, not any except Smooth flip flops also. My husband bought a pair of Nike Flip flops from Kohls and they are doing get so far. Also I have returned so many sandals or similar that I won't order any more.

kb904 said:

Just be careful wearing cheap, flip flops a lot as they cause Plantar faciitis cuz of lack of support. They're the worst footwear ever.

I agree that flip flops are not the best type of shoe. They can be dangerous. Flip flops are actually what caused my foot injury (2 tears) in the first place. It’s ironic that now they are the only shoes my feet will tolerate. I have 3 pairs of expensive orthopedic shoes and cant stand to wear them for very long (just to walk into a restaurant or work meeting and thats it!)

I don't or can not wear cheap flip flops. But I do wear what I am able to. I think I pay good money for flip flops that I can not wear anyway. People look at me like I have gone nuts walking into Dr. Office, Church, restaurant, I don't go to far anymore. Husband does all errands and grocery shopping. And he is a Leukemia patient.

Lynee said:

Just be careful wearing cheap, flip flops a lot as they cause Plantar faciitis cuz of lack of support. They're the worst footwear ever.

i have found these flip flops very [VERY] comfortable, it's like walking on pillows. please check it out!! it's the only thing i ware.. all year......god bless! [dick's sporting goods]

• $29.99

Reef Women's Dreams Flip Flops

ITEM NUMBER: 12003629
Price: $34.00
20% Off of $150+ in Qualifying Items on Your Order! Add Items to Cart for Discount! (See Promotion Details)

PRODUCT INFORMATION

Customer Reviews

Buying Guide

The Reef ® Women's Dreams sandal provides superior comfort for your feet. Mattress inspired quilted PU foam provides enhanced cushioning and comfort that lasts all day long. Raising the bar in sandal comfort, a synthetic strap lined with soft padded satin reduces and eliminates irritation and looks good while doing it. This is the perfect sandal for casual stylish comfort.

FEATURES:

• Provides comfort like a quilted mattress
  • Synthetic strap lined with soft padded satin
  • Mattress inspired quilted PU foam with anatomical arch support
  • Rubber sponge outsole for flexibility
  • PVC free
  • Style: RF-001091
  • Reef

CUSTOMER REVIEWS

(BASED ON 17 REVIEWS)

• 5 Stars

(16)

• 4 Stars

(0)

• 3 Stars

(0)

• 2 Stars

(0)

• 1 Stars

(1)

Write a Review

REVIEWED BY 17 CUSTOMERS

SORT BY

7/24/2012

Like a dream!

By Flip flop queen

From Troy, NY

About Me Casual, Conservative, Stylish

Reef Women's Dreams Sandal Review:

These are the most comfortable flip flops I have ever owned! They cushion my feet and even come all the way up to my arches. And because they are made of foam, they won't absorb odor like the ones that have fabric in the footbed.

Was this review helpful? Yes / No

- You may also flag this review

Share on Facebook

7/17/2012

comfy!

By sportymamma5

From Alpharetta, Ga

About Me Casual

Love how padded the soles are. Very comfy to wear all day and look great. I've had them for about 3 weeks and the big toe area is starting to show some wear but I have worn them almost everyday.

Share on Facebook

7/10/2012

Best flip flops ever!

By beach224

From Durham NC

About Me Casual

These are the most comfortable flip flops I've ever worn. I'm a fan of Reef and they are the only flip flops brand I wear, but these are the most comfortable of all my Reefs. I wouldn't save them for the beach. I wear them everyday during the summer. Can easily walk the mall during a long shopping trip and I have foot issues!

Share on Facebook

6/28/2012

Will own another pair of these

By Amy

From Gaffney, South Carolina

About MeConservative, Stylish

Extremely comfortable shoes

Share on Facebook

6/27/2012

Love them!

By samitue

From Paso Robles, Ca

About Me Casual, Stylish, Trendy

I have several pairs of Reefs and these are by far my favorite. They are extremely cushy and comfortable while looking a little more dressy than the standard reefs. :)

Share on Facebook

5/29/2012

Comfy and stylish

By FlipFlopFinder

From Columbia, SC

My wife and I were looking for a pair of flip flops for her that were not only comfortable for long walks but also stylish. She didn't like the look of these on the rack but after insisting she try them on she hasn't looked back. With her being pregnant, any time on her feet is a chore. These make her very happy and she can be on her feet and walking much longer due to the very soft yet supporting comfort.

Share on Facebook

5/24/2012

More comfortable than sneakers!

By Flip Flop Gal

From Collegeville, PA

About Me Casual, Trendy

I have always liked the Reef brand of sandals. These are the most comfortable sandal you will own. I prefer to wear these over sneakers to events where you have to stand/walk a lot in one day.

Share on Facebook

5/23/2012

I would buy this again

By AA

From Martin, Ga

Very comfortable

Share on Facebook

5/22/2012

(0 of 1 customers found this review helpful)

They are a real Flop

By Misty lynn

From Toledo, OH

About Me Alternative, Casual, Stylish, Trendy

They are comfortable for 5 seconds, then you start walking and you slip all over the place out of the shoe! Very dangerous to walk around in!

Share on Facebook

5/22/2012

Most comfortable flip flops ever

By Chelle

From Liberty, SC

About Me Casual, Conservative

Feels like your walking on an egg crate mattress.

Share on Facebook

Displaying reviews 1-10

Previous | Next »

Thanks for suggestion, but these would kill my feet as there's no arch support. Along with EM, I'm stuck with flat feet that pronate too much and give me pain!! I do better in New Balance running shoes than anything else, WITH orthotics.

EMjudy said:

i have found these flip flops very [VERY] comfortable, it's like walking on pillows. please check it out!! it's the only thing i ware.. all year......god bless! [dick's sporting goods]

• $29.99

Reef Women's Dreams Flip Flops

ITEM NUMBER: 12003629
Price: $34.00
20% Off of $150+ in Qualifying Items on Your Order! Add Items to Cart for Discount! (See Promotion Details)

PRODUCT INFORMATION

Customer Reviews

Buying Guide

The Reef ® Women's Dreams sandal provides superior comfort for your feet. Mattress inspired quilted PU foam provides enhanced cushioning and comfort that lasts all day long. Raising the bar in sandal comfort, a synthetic strap lined with soft padded satin reduces and eliminates irritation and looks good while doing it. This is the perfect sandal for casual stylish comfort.

FEATURES:

• Provides comfort like a quilted mattress
  • Synthetic strap lined with soft padded satin
  • Mattress inspired quilted PU foam with anatomical arch support
  • Rubber sponge outsole for flexibility
  • PVC free
  • Style: RF-001091
  • Reef

CUSTOMER REVIEWS

(BASED ON 17 REVIEWS)

• 5 Stars

(16)

• 4 Stars

(0)

• 3 Stars

(0)

• 2 Stars

(0)

• 1 Stars

(1)

Write a Review

REVIEWED BY 17 CUSTOMERS

SORT BY

7/24/2012

Like a dream!

By Flip flop queen

From Troy, NY

About Me Casual, Conservative, Stylish

These are the most comfortable flip flops I have ever owned! They cushion my feet and even come all the way up to my arches. And because they are made of foam, they won't absorb odor like the ones that have fabric in the footbed.

Share on Facebook

7/17/2012

comfy!

By sportymamma5

From Alpharetta, Ga

About Me Casual

Love how padded the soles are. Very comfy to wear all day and look great. I've had them for about 3 weeks and the big toe area is starting to show some wear but I have worn them almost everyday.

Share on Facebook

7/10/2012

Best flip flops ever!

By beach224

From Durham NC

About Me Casual

These are the most comfortable flip flops I've ever worn. I'm a fan of Reef and they are the only flip flops brand I wear, but these are the most comfortable of all my Reefs. I wouldn't save them for the beach. I wear them everyday during the summer. Can easily walk the mall during a long shopping trip and I have foot issues!

Share on Facebook

6/28/2012

Will own another pair of these

By Amy

From Gaffney, South Carolina

About MeConservative, Stylish

Extremely comfortable shoes

Share on Facebook

6/27/2012

Love them!

By samitue

From Paso Robles, Ca

I have several pairs of Reefs and these are by far my favorite. They are extremely cushy and comfortable while looking a little more dressy than the standard reefs. :)

Share on Facebook

5/29/2012

Comfy and stylish

By FlipFlopFinder

From Columbia, SC

My wife and I were looking for a pair of flip flops for her that were not only comfortable for long walks but also stylish. She didn't like the look of these on the rack but after insisting she try them on she hasn't looked back. With her being pregnant, any time on her feet is a chore. These make her very happy and she can be on her feet and walking much longer due to the very soft yet supporting comfort.

Share on Facebook

5/24/2012

More comfortable than sneakers!

By Flip Flop Gal

From Collegeville, PA

About Me Casual, Trendy

I have always liked the Reef brand of sandals. These are the most comfortable sandal you will own. I prefer to wear these over sneakers to events where you have to stand/walk a lot in one day.

Share on Facebook

5/23/2012

I would buy this again

By AA

From Martin, Ga

Very comfortable

Share on Facebook

5/22/2012

(0 of 1 customers found this review helpful)

They are a real Flop

By Misty lynn

From Toledo, OH

About Me Alternative, Casual, Stylish, Trendy

They are comfortable for 5 seconds, then you start walking and you slip all over the place out of the shoe! Very dangerous to walk around in!

Share on Facebook

5/22/2012

Most comfortable flip flops ever

By Chelle

From Liberty, SC

About Me Casual, Conservative

Feels like your walking on an egg crate mattress.

Share on Facebook

Displaying reviews 1-10

Previous | Next »

I can't wear thongs or anything that goes between my toes. I wear a pair of Clark sandals with leather soles every day. It took two years to diagnose my condition. I have bought several pair of shoes - orthoheels & kumpf (from australia) spending $150+/- per pair. I need to look for shoes for the winter but don't know what I will do.

Deni

Before I developed problems with fallen arches, plantar fasciitis and formaldehyde allergy, I loved the Reef convertable sandals and SAS Huggy sandals. But neither has enough arch support now. They also were too hot for me when my feet flared up horribly last year, and I had to shop for natural materiels with high arch support.

Now I can only wear Birkenstocks with the cork footbed and leather uppers. I can't tolerate the synthetic ones. I wear Gizehs and Arizonas. They have great arch support for the PF. However, I learned that you have to get exactly the right size, not overly large, and adjust the straps snug enough or the footbed materiel is irritating. If you wear the right size the footbed feels much smoother and softer. And your feet have to be trained to them slowly. I absolutely love them. Cured my PF when nothing else was helping.

Isn't it "fun" having EM AND fallen arches and PF?!! I thought EM was bad enough.

My podiatrist sold me a pair of Dr. Comfort shoes. They're light and cool but are way too "high" for my foot but they're comfortable, so I wear them in the house. And I wear New Balance running shoes. I'm grateful the EM is under control because I can't find sandals that are comfortable enough without an extra orthotic.

What do you do for your PF?

I too have problems wearing any kind of footwear. I have found that in the summer the only "sandals" i can tolerate are CROCS, I believe they are a Canadian company but can be found in the U.S. Hope this helps!

Funny to see this post as I just had a visit with my new podiatrist because my pf is so horribly flared.I ended up with steroid injections for the second time & he was a little frustrated because I cannot tolerate enclosed shoes with orthotics do to the EM. I did buy very expensive sandals with great arch support (Finn Comfort), but my feet do get overheated in them more than I’d hope.

Correen, You've reminded me that it was my Samara sandals by Finn Comfort that first helped so much when I had a bad spell of Plantar Fasciitis and peripheral neuropathy. They have fantastic arch support and the rocker bottom kept pressure off the heel and ball of the foot. But it was winter and they are definitely a warmer sandal than the Birk Gizeh's that I need in summer.

So much fun (sarcasm)! I have very high arches, so we probably have slightly different shoe needs. I couldn't wear New Balance or Dr. Comfort. Besides wearing Finn Comfort Finnamics or Birkenstocks, what helped my PF was doing stretches. The stretching boots didn't work and were HOT. And I couldn't do the standing stretches. But just stretching by pointing your toes up toward your face and tensing the leg, while sitting on the sofa with legs straight out on the sofa, worked really well to stretch out that tendon. I just did it off an on as often as I though of it throughout the day. I couldn't use the Votaren gel from the podiatrist. It burned horribly!

Lynee said:

Isn't it "fun" having EM AND fallen arches and PF?!! I thought EM was bad enough.

My podiatrist sold me a pair of Dr. Comfort shoes. They're light and cool but are way too "high" for my foot but they're comfortable, so I wear them in the house. And I wear New Balance running shoes. I'm grateful the EM is under control because I can't find sandals that are comfortable enough without an extra orthotic.

What do you do for your PF?

My fantastic find was at Playmakers where I found Birkenstock and Dunham sandals. Both have adjustable straps across the base of the toes and top of the foot as well as an adjustable strap around the heel. Both sandals have a smooth surface for the foot to rest and non slip bottoms. The Dunham sandals have a removable bottom for inserts or Orthotics. I am unable to wear shoes or socks but can wear these sandals most of the day, and they look real nice. They both come in extra wide, up to 4x to fit my swollen foot. Here's the link to Playmakers website: http://www.playmakers.com/

Thanks for feedback but Dunham's is not in Canada or Fla, where I visit. I looked online and they didn't show any sandals.

I can't wear Birkenstock as they're too stiff for me and I need my own orthotics. Glad you found something to work for you.

Thanks for sharing!