Just another thought~ GREAT SHOES

Hello everyone, just thought of another thing that helps ~ I have learned to freeze my shoes. !!! I wear flip-flops/a.k.a. thongs. Over the years I have been completely thrilled with ORTHAHEEL sandals. They freeze fabulously and stay cold for a while. (I've tried others) They are made out of material that does not get as hot for me as other shoes have in the past. They have huge arch support, and great traction grip on the bottom, which helps me with the balance issues. They are also made out of some sort of anti-microbrial material, which is a big help on the bacteria and stuff from being barefoot often. They are worth the money. You can find all different sites that sell them, and even on Ebay. I also take them with me in an ice bag pack, and they help with the gel ice packs. PLEASE NOTE: if you get them wet, then freeze them, they do work fabulously, However, it can detereoriate the skin condition on the bottoms of your feet just like soaking in water. So, I use that option very carefully. (It takes an overnight session in the freezer to get solid cold enough, to be the biggest benefit to me).

and P.s. I am NOT affiliated in any way with Orthaheel, LOL ....

I find that shoes are very important. I can't wear any flip flops, only sandals that hold my foot in place. Great are ECCO Yucatan sandals for warmer days. Foot is held firmly in place. I love gardening and this could not be possible without Timberline construction boots. Not too tight, not too loose, just keep the foot in place.

Freezing your sandals is a great idea. I'll give that a try this summer. I have some adidas top wrap around sandals and a pair of OluKai leather sandals with a wrap around top. What also works for me are moccasins that I've loosened the top entry point so my swollen foot fits. If you're careful, you can restring the mocs so it looks like a regular shoe. For this Michigan winter I have two pair, one with lining and one without. Thanks for the tip on Orthaheel sandals, I looked at their website and it had all kinds of options.

If it wasn't for the "freeze" factor, I don't think I would have made it... lol. I will check into the mocs... and your welcome ~~

R. Mike said:

Freezing your sandals is a great idea. I'll give that a try this summer. I have some adidas top wrap around sandals and a pair of OluKai leather sandals with a wrap around top. What also works for me are moccasins that I've loosened the top entry point so my swollen foot fits. If you're careful, you can restring the mocs so it looks like a regular shoe. For this Michigan winter I have two pair, one with lining and one without. Thanks for the tip on Orthaheel sandals, I looked at their website and it had all kinds of options.

Maggie said:

I find that shoes are very important. I can't wear any flip flops, only sandals that hold my foot in place. Great are ECCO Yucatan sandals for warmer days. Foot is held firmly in place. I love gardening and this could not be possible without Timberline construction boots. Not too tight, not too loose, just keep the foot in place.

Do the boots make your feet too hot? My garden misses me~