This Thanksgiving, I'm Thankful For

In America, this Thursday is Thanksgiving. We spend the day thinking about what we are grateful for and also eating a lot of turkey and pie. :)

I thought it would be fun to start a discussion on what we're all thankful for. I'll get it going:

I'm thankful that my wonderful girlfriend, Vanessa, accepted my marriage proposal last weekend. We're all smiles here. :)

I'm also thankful that this community exists and helps so many people. We started Ben's Friends (www.bensfriends.org) 6 years ago and now over 80,000 patients and loved ones visit all 35 sites every month. It's truly a little Internet miracle.

I'm grateful for the community, the friendships and especially thankful that the volunteer moderators donate so much of their time to help others. Thank You Mods!

Ok, that's what I'm thankful for. How about you? Let us know below.

Scott

I’m thankful to have such amazing family and friends who have been through the ups and downs with me, always ready to make be laugh, smile and have fun however I’m feeling.!

I’m thankful to Scott and Ben for making such a great community for so many people of rare diseases/ disorders who wouldn’t have anywhere else to go without Bensfriends, you guys rock.!

We don’t do thanks giving here in the uk but it’s always good to make time to think about what you gave to be thankful for, sometimes hard when you’re battling other stuff but definitely worth taking time to think about.!

Laura

Congrats to Scott and Vanessa!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

I'm thankful for all the help I've had from my family the last 6 months. For the assistance I've had from the place I've been studying at, allowing me to keep going with my studies. And for the medical people who've figured out what the heck is wrong with me.

Thats wonderful news, good luck to you both.

I am thankful for my family & friends & this web site also. I am grateful for the health I DO have. Even tho I have EM, EM does’t have me! HAPPY THANSGIVING!

I am in the UK so not celebrating but I am thankful for so much, for my children and the grandchildren who make me laugh, my legs which stil carry me around, a safe and warm enough home with buses and trains a short walk away, my wits about me still (just) so I can carry on trying to find ways to manage this stupid illness, the Internet without which I would never have been able to steer my doctors in the right direction or enjoy connecting with so many great people on sites like this one (thank you Ben’s Friends), and many happy memories. I know I am lucky and send good wishes to everyone.

Congrats! On your post I’m sure you meant to say my wonderful fiancé not wonderful girlfriend!:slight_smile: I am thankful for so many things. My amazing husband and the support of all of my family. The fact it’s. Cold outside without being too cold! I love it ! Everyone else is in wool coats and I finally get to wear the cute summer shoes my feet are to swollen to wear in the summer! I am so thankful for the fact I was able to go to a friends house for thanksgiving. I thought my days of going to any friend family function were gone but it was just a small group and they agreed to keep it cool so I could come over! Usually I don’t get much company but when I do they know to bring their coats! I know it’s hard (to say the least) living with this condition but if we take a look around we can usually find plenty to be thankful for.
Alina