Water vs. evening flares

I'm glad to know that I am not the only one with these problems!!! It is great to have this site to share and help eachother. I was wondering if the sodium channels have anything related to the water in take too. I have to read up on it,

Does it have to be simply water? Not tea or fruit juice for instance?

I have better results with water only. The less "stimulation" to the system, the better, since EM is a function of lowered reaction thresholds in our nervous systems.

Nel said:

Does it have to be simply water? Not tea or fruit juice for instance?

Hi Don
Just to let you know I have been trying your suggestion for a week now and have also noticed a slight reduction in intensity and duration of flare. Thank you, while it has not eliminated the problem it does seem to help. That being said my EM has now extended to my hands and cheeks, nose,chin,ears and eyelids. Don’t suppose you have any suggestions in that department;)
This is causing me a greater problem as I have told very few people about my disease and been able gotten away with it as it wasn’t apparent (wrong, I know…) but I sure could use some help
Dealing with this new aspect, I can only use the “menopause” excuse so long :wink:

Hi Don
Just to let you know I have been trying your suggestion for a week now and have also noticed a slight reduction in intensity and duration of flare. Thank you, while it has not eliminated the problem it does seem to help. That being said my EM has now extended to my hands and cheeks, nose,chin,ears and eyelids. Don’t suppose you have any suggestions in that department;)
This is causing me a greater problem as I have told very few people about my disease and been able gotten away with it as it wasn’t apparent (wrong, I know…) but I sure could use some help
Dealing with this new aspect, I can only use the “menopause” excuse so long :wink:

Dominique, glad to hear you've had slight relief - wish it were more.

Sorry to hear it has migrated elsewhere. I also have it on the palms of my hands and my neck in addition to my feet and knees.

What have you eliminated from your diet? Here is a list of dietary and personal hygiene things I have either eliminated or dramatically reduced and it has helped reduce my overall symptoms: 10% - 20%.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Byc-c2wCiBZFLVl6ejZPWGlfams/edit

For dietary, the key for me can be boiled down to one word: bland.

Eliminating the use of virtually all skin chemicals has helped to reduce fatigue and symptoms as well.

My firm belief is that EM causes a dramatically lowered threshold for all kinds of stimuli - heat, chemicals / foods / drink and mechanical. The more that we can reduce the instances of exceeding that lowered threshold in those three areas, the less our nervous system will overreact and cause us pain & fatigue.