What worked/working for me -

Hi
So glad you found relief that is amazing I am struggling . Did the sickness go away ?

Flame,

I’ve even taking the Venlafaxine for 6 days now. I was pretty sick for about 4 days and it’s slowly getting better. The nausea comes and goes but overall is getting better. Hang in there, it will pass.

Bootcamper

Bootcamper,

My perscription says Venlafaxine HCL - no idea what that means, but I probably should lol.

Flame,

My sickness went completely away soon after taking venlafaxine. Now, after a few months I have zero nausea. I promise it goes away, and if it doesn't, you might want to talk with your doctor about some other options.

Hang in there!

Bootcamper said:

Little K,

Do you take the XR or just the regular Venlafaxine? Thanks again for all your insight!

Hi Amy how long till you saw any results ?

Amy said:

So glad that you are feeling better! My doctor gave me Cytotec 200 micrograms every 6 hours and it really is working.

I have not yet been diagnosed with any condition but my toes were flaring red when i wore slippers or took a shower.

I no longer have the problem.

I noticed it within a few hours. I was having a horrible few days with burning in hands and
Feet and I was constantly applying ice packs. Within a few hours I didn’t need the ice at all.
It helped me very quickly.
I also take lyrica 75 mg three times per day - I take every 5 hours
I take the Cytotec every 6 hours
Amitriptaline 25 mg at bedtime
Cymbalta 30 mg at night
I don’t know if I will need all these meds forever, but they sure are helping now.
Looks like I need to stop all my meds for 2-3 days before
My Mayo appointment. I’m really upset by this, but I guess I need to do this.

Hi thank you
I take lyrica 300 mg a day gab 900 mg day oxy 20 mg day
Lyrica was working not now really burning and stinging Allday
And numb toes and feet can not really feel them when walking
It is by frightening . I would like to try that med will ask doc I have a great one
Thanks much

Good luck at the Mayo I live in Canada Ontario . You are lucky to have that clinic let me know how you get on . That seams at of mess to stop in a short period of time yo may get really bad it does take a long time to leave the system .

Flame, I’m a bit confused from your response. Are you saying it might get bad because it stays in my system for a long time?

Whoops I will say it better will you get worse when you come off the meds ? And is 2 or 3 days long enough for them to be out of your system usually people need to come off slowly .
Wish you all the success keep us posted

NA

Yes Venlafaxine has helped me. Not to the degree of success that you have experienced though. Im so glad to hear of your success. I have gained about 50% relief from God doing a work of healing. Since this happened I went of venlafaxine so I could gauge where Im at without any meds. That being said if you ever decide to go off the med there can be some difficult withdrawal symptoms. So be prepared for that. Some recommendations for you; watch your diet carefully, do not drink any alcohol, Get daily exercise and plenty of sleep. Also try not to put yourself in stressful situations. I will be lifting you up in prayer and rejoice in your continued success! Be at peace.

That is a high dose to take all at once. Does it help the next day?

I took 600mg three times per day and I felt drugged.

I am currently on 75mg of lyrica three times per day.

TwinMommy said:

I can't take Effexor but the Gabapentin 1200mg at night works amazingly

Do you only take the gabapentin at night? I am currently on it three times a day- only 500 mg per dose. Do you have flares in your hands or your feet?

I have it in my feet.

I take it only at night because otherwise I’m going to be asleep all day. I take it 2hrs before I’m going to go to bed and it heads off the pain before it can start.