Anyone heard of Low Level Light Treatment for Neuropathy?

http://www.chousky.com/Home.html

Apparently there are these centers in North America that claim to treat Neuropathy with LLLT, [Low Level Light Treatment] a non invasive, no medication procedure.

Anyone heard of this? I'm thinking of going to see Dr. Chousky in Toronto. Worth a try vs medication!

you can buy low level light/lasers and let them beam on you all day instead of having to pay some doctor to do it for way more. i dont think it would help much except for a wound that is having a hard time to heal.

Will, Have you tried this? It seemed to good to be true. I think i tried something like this years ago and i felt good while having the treatment? It may have been all psychological. All I know they did not stay around for very long.

Will Prowse said:

you can buy low level light/lasers and let them beam on you all day instead of having to pay some doctor to do it for way more. i dont think it would help much except for a wound that is having a hard time to heal.

My neighbor (who sells medical equipment) let me borrow a light therapy machine. It was the same machine used in doctor's offices. I used it for about 2 months, at least one treatment per day. I didn't notice any improvement :(

For EM or for Neuropathy??

Tullilou said:

My neighbor (who sells medical equipment) let me borrow a light therapy machine. It was the same machine used in doctor's offices. I used it for about 2 months, at least one treatment per day. I didn't notice any improvement :(

I was hoping it would help with small fiber peripheral neuropathy that my neurologist thinks may be the underlying problem.

Lynee said:

For EM or for Neuropathy??

Tullilou said:

My neighbor (who sells medical equipment) let me borrow a light therapy machine. It was the same machine used in doctor’s offices. I used it for about 2 months, at least one treatment per day. I didn’t notice any improvement :frowning:

I think this is total rubbish, the same treatment is supposed to treat HIV. Please don't waste your money. I spent my university years in labs that had these very lasers. They don't help nueropathy. I think that people think there is something special about the light from a laser. The only difference is that the laser light is focused. You'd get the same effect with a hot water bottle as that is emitting lots of infra-red lgiht.

By the way, when I say "this is rubbish", I mean the treatment, not the discussion! :s

I should add that I couldn’t use the machine in the afternoon or evening because the small amount of heat it generated would cause my feet to flare.

Interesting. I wonder why so many people have found relief for neuropathy with it.

Has anyone tried ultrasound?

I was wonder if any one has tried a ketamine infusion for em I just tried one May 7 2012 and I going to do another one in June it seems to have worked a little bit looking forward to see if the next one helps even more.

It's most likely down to the placebo effect. That has been recorded in many trials of drugs and procedures. Some people may experience some relief that is due to the warming effect, but you could get that with a hot water bottle. Warming is the last thing those of us with EM need!

If this effect is so spectacular, why have the doctors involved not done a double-blind trial with a placebo and written a paper about it?

Lynee said:

Interesting. I wonder why so many people have found relief for neuropathy with it.

Has anyone tried ultrasound?

For the record I am in my sixties, 15 pounds overweight and
otherwise healthy except for the Neuropathy, acid reflux
and some Tinnitius.

Was taking prescriptions Teka ( Reflux) and Lipidor (
anti-cholesterol)

Nov 2014
I am convinced the "light " therapy would NOT work in
my case..Sensory Peripheral Neuropathy I have just a mild
beginnings of this disease in winter of 2014 and am trying
my best to find the cause.

May 6, 2015
After some research I decide it would be best to stop
taking Lipidor ( anti-cholesterol statin) last may 2015, to
my surprise many aches and pains in my upper spine and neck
disappeared, along with a good reduction in intensity in
those horrible crunching noises when I move my neck back
and forth.
Apparently Peripheral Neuropathy is a confirmed side effect
of these Statin drugs along with Tinnitus.

August 19, 2015
My wife and myself viewed a interesting show on Netfflix called "Forks
over Knives" .. the underlying message is that almost
everything that negatively affects the human body is caused
by some sort of inflammation and is really is about eating
healthy and a change in lifestyle. Any way we decided to do
an about face and did reduce a lot of toxic dietary
products and eliminate a lot of processed foods, fats
etc...) we also purchased a Juicer and have one glass each
day .

Started taking several Vitamins daily as supplements.My wife has also helped me by aggresively massaging each soles for abot 20 minutes each day while we watch TV.

At this time my NEUROPATHY symptons had NOT changed

Sept 22,2015
Been off the Lipidor Statin for over 4 months and on a
healthier lifestyle for 5 weeks:

Results so far:

AT this time my NEUROPATHY symptons have a changed from
Numbness in the soles of my feet to a "less intense
Numbness" along with a new prickly tingling sensation whic
was not there before.. similar to when my hand went to
sleep and wakes up again.

My Acid reflux has totally disappeared.
I am sleeping about one hour longer each night.
My energy levels are bit better throuhgout the day

My wife really surpised me. She is 50 and otherwise
healthy.

Her daily migraines she has had since childhood ( some
would last 2 days or more, sometime staying off work). In
the last 5 weeks she had only one attack.

Her Acid reflux has also disappeared as has mine.

I don't know whta this means but I think it's all good.

I rejected that Light Therapy" as a placebo effect after
reading through hours of Clinical trials by bonafide doctors
I did see a well advertised on-line "Ch****y Centre" in
Toronto ans was NOT impressed at all.. there main focus was
trying to lease to me a questionable Light Therapy Home
care kit for $2400 over a 90 day period. Their diagnosis of
my condition was a joke.

Never once attempted to discus the cause .. just offered me their band aid Light therapy solution.

That's all have to say about that

That whole experience was extremely dissapointing