Anyone tried Ultrasound Therapy?

I've just been reading about Ultrasound Therapy ("Ultrasound is a method of stimulating the tissue beneath the skin's surface using very high frequency sound waves, between 800,000 Hz and 2,000,000 Hz") and was wondering if anyone has tried it for EM and if there were any benefits/successes?

It is supposed to:

• Speed up the healing process
  • Increase blood flow to the affected area (!! I know)
  • Decrease in pain from the reduction of swelling and edema

I know physiotherapists use it a lot, but I'm trialling it now to see if it helps my feet.

Yes, I tried ultrasound. It wasn't for the EM, it was for pain in the ball of my foot. A little was OK, but when it was on for too long, I got a flare. If I"m not mistaken, ultrasound creates some heat within the tissues, I'd guess from the increase in blood flow. So you have to be careful and see what you can tolerate.

I also tried it for pain in my back and it wasn’t helpful at all:(
Good luck and happy “flare free” holidays

I am a physical therapist & I own my own US machine. I have tried it on my feet, but it didn't help at all.

Shortly after my foot injury. the physical therapist used ultrasound therapy on my injured area (which was a swollen, painful mass of broken blood vessels). It made it worse. I was still on crutches and couldn't walk. This was due to the RSD/CRPS. I'm not thinking it would help my EM. I do, however use (FSM) Frequency Specific Microcurrent daily and it has been a life saver! I can function at work, am more active (especially with the colder weather). This same time last year, I could barely get out of bed I was in so much pain.. There are different frequencies for different issues. For example, I try to run certain programs daily which include foot trauma, nerve pain, peripheral neuropathy and small fiber neuropathy. I am fortunate because my practioner is very experienced. I think you need someone experienced because our condition is so rare.

Hello, I am interested in getting FSM treatment for my husband and children who all have Primary Inherited EM. Would you be willing to share your practitioner’s name and State?