TENS machine for EM - Oct 27, 2017

Hi,
I saw a new pain management doctor in NYC a last week. He has heard of EM! One thing which he suggested was for me to use a TENS machine to interrupt the pain signals on the soles of my feet. My feet and toes have been burning non-stop since 7/10/2013. The only relief I can get is from using an air conditioner and fans and sitting with bare feet. I still work full time so life has been daily hell- Like “ground hog day” every day for 4 years and 3 months.
Anyway, I have been using the TENS unit for 15 minutes a day on each foot since Monday Oct 23 (just this week) and it seems to be doing something! I can feel the soles of my feet in a different way, it is painful to use and I can only get it up to between 2 and 3 on the Dial because it is putting other pinching and twitching on top of what i already have but honestly it seems to be helping! I am supposed to switch to doing 30 Minutes a day on each foot next week and it is well worth it, the unit I have is called the TENS 3000 made by Roscoe medical. The doctor charged me $100 for the unit but I saw it on Amazon for $45 and on another site for $25. You may want to ask your doctor if this might work for you. I was willing to try anything as I am sure you all are also,

Best regards to all of you
Jordy

Most treatments and medications generally seem to fall in a 33 percent bracket. That is a third may try a treatment and seem to see some relief a third no Change and a third might see symptoms worse. So it becomes a kind of guessing game with most physicians or that is the experience of many.

I have thought about tens for my mom. But diagnostics for nerve velocity made her experience phantom pain and shocks for many years after the tests. TENS is not for her, that is not recommended by her neurologist. But I’ve thought about it. There is also another kind of TENS unit called the scrambler which uses different frequencies and is administered by special clinics which has helped some cancer patients. The Mayo Clinic tested it. There are not to many locations that have the scrambler and it’s not a home unit, with the scrambler a different signal is used to stimulate different nerves and send a no pain signal rather than a noise signal. It’s somewhat different, and might also work for you if the TENS seems to be working.

Different people likely have different causes for EM or mixed amounts of damage so treatment options almost never work the same between two different people.

Keep us informed on how it’s going.