Can there be pain elsewhere besides your hands and feet?

About the same time I developed EM and burning hands and feet I also developed a burning spine.

No redness on the spine though.

I am so glad to hear someone else had this. I had an episode a few years back where my spine felt like there was hot burning fluid running up it. Not too long after that I had my back lock up on me when I was bent over getting a gallon of milk out of the frig. I could not straighten up without help. A trip to the hospital, where I was told it was due to the fall that I had taken, I was actually pushed backwards by abusive husband, then a year or so later I herniated the L4-L5 at work, then about 3 weeks into that I found out I had mono. Maybe they are all connected somehow, I do not know.

I’ve felt like my spine is burning at times. It hasn’t happened in awhile though, thank goodness. I too couldn’t stand up until I walked a few steps. I agree they could connected as well.

I do get the burning sensation, but feel as though it is in the muscles around the spine, Do you have other health problems? I have so many that it is terrible. I mainly suffer with fibromyalgia, diabetes, stage 3 liver fibrosis, the pain from the discs shrinking and drying up in the lumbar and cervical areas in my spine as well as the sacro iliac joint dysfunction, which really messes up my walking very long. I have had cataract surgery already on both eyes, I am 53, had this when I was 51. I also get burning areas on my thighs, like I sunburned them, and they hurt to the touch, just like a sunburn, but they are not red. Do you suffer from any of these?

Hi Guys, just quickly, EM can be systemic or localised. Goes pretty much everywhere. Typical places are feet, hands but many of us have face, scalp, internal, legs, buttocks, ears, throat, eyes.......Organs can also become affected. Burning can be present without the redness/swelling.

x

Thanks Mads! I knew there had to be some sort of explanation out there somewhere. Any ideas on doctors in my area, Topeka, Kansas? I looked at the doctors link and found nothing posted for my area.

I myself have never had burning of the spine but I have most every where else. I do have semi regular Back pain but not burning and the doctors can find no cause for that. I defiantly have flares on my thighs as gtrembley pointed out and it hurts to the touch as if it is sunburned or bruised. Do you get the burning spine with heat and or activity like other EM flares? I know some of us have arthritic type pain not triggered by heat but those aren't a burning sensation. At least mine isn't. I can't speak for every one. I am sorry to hear you are going through this. for some reason picturing the burning I have but in the spine sounds particularly painful.

Take care,

Alina

my little girl has vulva em:( its starting to spread elsewhere on her body though

I am so sorry Jacqui kuschert. How long has she had EM? I know there are others here that have vulva EM. One person in particular I think may be of some help. Is it ok if I tell her about your daughter and have her send you a message and offer some tips that might help her?

Take care,

Alina

Hi Alina, Id be more than happy for you to pass on about my daughter, I don't know anyone else who has vulva em. Chloe has had problems 'down there' since she was 2!!!!!

Alina Delp said:

I am so sorry Jacqui kuschert. How long has she had EM? I know there are others here that have vulva EM. One person in particular I think may be of some help. Is it ok if I tell her about your daughter and have her send you a message and offer some tips that might help her?

Take care,

Alina

gtrembley said:

Thanks Mads! I knew there had to be some sort of explanation out there somewhere. Any ideas on doctors in my area, Topeka, Kansas? I looked at the doctors link and found nothing posted for my area.

gtrembley said:

Hi, if you can't find a doctor in Topeka, I highly recommend my doctor, here in North Kansas City. His name is Steven Kosa, a neurologist, with Meritas Health Neurology, 2790 Clay Edwards Dr. (The Pavilion ), Suite 500, North Kansas City Hospital, North Kansas City MO 64116. Tel. 816-472-5157. He is familiar with EM. He did his residency at Mayo clinic. Hope this helps! Beth