Cannabis use for EM pain?

Hi guys,

couldnt resist posting this article. This must be the only thing i havent tried for EM ;)

As always - interested to know your thoughts( or experiences) ,on the use of cannabis in EM. Its quite popular when treating refractory pain - malignant/non -malignant.

Wishing everyone a 'comfortable' night as possible

God bless

mads

314-Cannabisuseinpain.pdf (226 KB)

315-TEABROCHURE.pdf (130 KB)

Thanks for bring this to discussion. I’m very sensitive to most meds and will avoid pain meds at a great cost to my sanity. I used aspirin for years as it was a great help in reducing frequently and intensity of my flare ups but had to stop because of hematoma generation that was both scary and painful. Any info on that is appreciated. Anyway, to the point I have tried cannabis to help with pain management and found it did help to reduce pain and sometime remove pain all together. Over all the benefit I would say is that it makes the pain more manageable and easier to bear. The very real down side is that I believe that it can’t be a good solution because excessive use will damage your lungs, cause weight gain and smell up your home so that anyone including your children will be aware. It is after all still illegal and generally not accepted.

Yes, Thank you for the discussion Mads. I am sure it is a question many people would like to ask but don't.

It is not only legal now where I live and legal for everyone not just medical use. It is still not legal federally but by state laws

it is legal. It has been legal here medicinally for quite a few years and I have thought of trying this some time ago but I was still working as a flight attendant and legal or not it wasn't ok with my employers. I am no longer able to work so I should give it a go! I don't see it being any worse for me than the morphine I am currently on and I know they sell it now in food so you don't have to smoke it and hurt your lungs. My number one priority in life right now is to be as pain free as possible and if I can take all of the crazy drugs and possibly surgeries the doctors recommend in my quest for relief I don't see how giving this a try could hurt. Give me till Monday to give it a try then I will be sure to post back and let you know.

Take care,

Alina

Please do I would love to know how it worked for you.

Alina Delp said:

Yes, Thank you for the discussion Mads. I am sure it is a question many people would like to ask but don't.

It is not only legal now where I live and legal for everyone not just medical use. It is still not legal federally but by state laws

it is legal. It has been legal here medicinally for quite a few years and I have thought of trying this some time ago but I was still working as a flight attendant and legal or not it wasn't ok with my employers. I am no longer able to work so I should give it a go! I don't see it being any worse for me than the morphine I am currently on and I know they sell it now in food so you don't have to smoke it and hurt your lungs. My number one priority in life right now is to be as pain free as possible and if I can take all of the crazy drugs and possibly surgeries the doctors recommend in my quest for relief I don't see how giving this a try could hurt. Give me till Monday to give it a try then I will be sure to post back and let you know.

Take care,

Alina

Inspirational !

I am sorry It has taken so long to get back!

I had internet problems for a while then forgo about this post as it was a few pages down in the discussions! I am trying to catch up. I have tried cannabis and I was able to legally here. We are able to get medical meds in my state. I know it isn't available to most of you so I feel terrible letting you know it does help with the pain. It isn't magic in that is takes it all away and you can run around and do what you like but it really does help.

I am experimenting with different kinds and edibles and they help to varying degrees. My biggest problem with it is it does effect my mental faculties. I have been on morphine for a couple of years and the cannabis seems to help more but the morphine doesn't effect my faculties. I don't know if it will get better with continued use but It does make things that require a straight head a little more difficult and definitely no driving. Then again when you take it you are in so much pain you wouldn't be trying to do things anyway. My husband says he can't tell a difference but I feel as if I am not as sharp.

I have tried a topical cannabis and menthol rub and it didn't help at all so if you are able to try this don't waste your money on that and that was the most expensive thing I got! It not only didn't help with pain it wasn't even cooling as I thought it would be with the menthol.

I know it isn't available to most of you but if it is I do recommend trying it. At least in the US it is becoming more accepted and available for chronic pain management.

I hope this helps!

Take care,

Alina