Medicinal Marijuana

The More I read the more convinced I become that Medicinal Marijuana is worth a shot. No hidden agenda here.

http://medicalmarijuana.com/experts/expert/title.cfm?artID=814

This is also worth watching , very cancer focused however there is a body of evidence to suggest that it can be effective on chronic nerve pain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0psJhQHk_GI

I would remind members that the particular site linked to sells cannabis products, which does not make it the most objective source of information. However, there are many other sources that lend credibility to cannabis's role in pain management. In addition, cannabis has anti-seizure properties, as well as other potential health benefits. These have to be weighed against other studies showing that cannabis causes neurological and IQ changes. It is a personal choice, and one I don't judge.

I live in Washington state and it is legal both medically and recreational.A few months ago I saw a doctor who thought it could help and gave me a script. I have to say it does help. It’s not magic and doesn’t make the worst pains go away but it takes the edge off the worst pain and really helps with mild to moderate. I have been on morphine now for a couple of years and that doesn’t help enough to even do a little easy housework. It just helps enough if I also cool myself and rest. The Cannabis enables me to do more housework than without. My only problem is it does effect my mental faculties. It doesn’t make me sleepy and want to do nothing in fact it does the opposite! It makes me want to do more. My husband thinks it makes me want to do more because I’m in less pain and I can. I could never drive while taking it and it is more challenging doing anything that you need your mind to be sharp but when you are in enough pain to need it you wouldn’t be doing those things anyway. I don’t know if continued use will make that side effect any less but I hope so. It would be nice to be able to use it when I am out and about because leaving my home is always a painful ordeal. If it is legal where you are and your doctor agrees it could be of some help.
Take care,
Alina

Hi Guys,

Glad we are revisiting this 'hot topic'.

'Cannabis use in EM' (March 2014) has been added into this discussion

Reply by Fuga Duce on April 7, 2014 at 12:18am
Delete
Thanks for bring this to discussion. I'm very sensitive to most meds and will avoid pain meds at a great cost to my sanity. I used aspirin for years as it was a great help in reducing frequently and intensity of my flare ups but had to stop because of hematoma generation that was both scary and painful. Any info on that is appreciated. Anyway, to the point I have tried cannabis to help with pain management and found it did help to reduce pain and sometime remove pain all together. Over all the benefit I would say is that it makes the pain more manageable and easier to bear. The very real down side is that I believe that it can't be a good solution because excessive use will damage your lungs, cause weight gain and smell up your home so that anyone including your children will be aware. It is after all still illegal and generally not accepted.

Permalink Reply by Alina Delp on April 10, 2014 at 4:47pm
Delete

Yes, Thank you for the discussion Mads. I am sure it is a question many people would like to ask but don't.

It is not only legal now where I live and legal for everyone not just medical use. It is still not legal federally but by state laws

it is legal. It has been legal here medicinally for quite a few years and I have thought of trying this some time ago but I was still working as a flight attendant and legal or not it wasn't ok with my employers. I am no longer able to work so I should give it a go! I don't see it being any worse for me than the morphine I am currently on and I know they sell it now in food so you don't have to smoke it and hurt your lungs. My number one priority in life right now is to be as pain free as possible and if I can take all of the crazy drugs and possibly surgeries the doctors recommend in my quest for relief I don't see how giving this a try could hurt. Give me till Monday to give it a try then I will be sure to post back and let you know.

Take care,

Alina

Permalink Reply by Fuga Duce on April 10, 2014 at 7:32pm
Delete

Please do I would love to know how it worked for you.

Alina Delp said:

Yes, Thank you for the discussion Mads. I am sure it is a question many people would like to ask but don't.

It is not only legal now where I live and legal for everyone not just medical use. It is still not legal federally but by state laws

it is legal. It has been legal here medicinally for quite a few years and I have thought of trying this some time ago but I was still working as a flight attendant and legal or not it wasn't ok with my employers. I am no longer able to work so I should give it a go! I don't see it being any worse for me than the morphine I am currently on and I know they sell it now in food so you don't have to smoke it and hurt your lungs. My number one priority in life right now is to be as pain free as possible and if I can take all of the crazy drugs and possibly surgeries the doctors recommend in my quest for relief I don't see how giving this a try could hurt. Give me till Monday to give it a try then I will be sure to post back and let you know.

Take care,

Alina

Permalink Reply by mads on April 12, 2014 at 3:09pm
Delete

Inspirational !

Permalink Reply by Alina Delp on April 24, 2014 at 11:51am
Delete

I am sorry It has taken so long to get back!

I had internet problems for a while then forgo about this post as it was a few pages down in the discussions! I am trying to catch up. I have tried cannabis and I was able to legally here. We are able to get medical meds in my state. I know it isn't available to most of you so I feel terrible letting you know it does help with the pain. It isn't magic in that is takes it all away and you can run around and do what you like but it really does help.

I am experimenting with different kinds and edibles and they help to varying degrees. My biggest problem with it is it does effect my mental faculties. I have been on morphine for a couple of years and the cannabis seems to help more but the morphine doesn't effect my faculties. I don't know if it will get better with continued use but It does make things that require a straight head a little more difficult and definitely no driving. Then again when you take it you are in so much pain you wouldn't be trying to do things anyway. My husband says he can't tell a difference but I feel as if I am not as sharp.

I have tried a topical cannabis and menthol rub and it didn't help at all so if you are able to try this don't waste your money on that and that was the most expensive thing I got! It not only didn't help with pain it wasn't even cooling as I thought it would be with the menthol.

I know it isn't available to most of you but if it is I do recommend trying it. At least in the US it is becoming more accepted and available for chronic pain management.

I hope this helps!

Take care,

Alina

Cannabis use in Pain.

257-Cannabisuseinpain.pdf (226 KB) 258-Cannabisinneuropathicpainmoreevidence.pdf (248 KB) 259-Cannabisinpainmanagement.pdf (196 KB)

Cannabis worsens pain

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7058193.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4396911.stm

http://www.examiner.com/article/marijuana-ingredients-make-acute-pain-worse

http://www.webmd.com/pain-management/news/20130422/using-marijuana-to-treat-pain-a-pill-may-outlast-a-puff

Isn't that the lovely thing about studies? One can always find contradictory results...

I want to see it legalized. I want the product control that would come through legalization. So that there are grades of strength and not having to fear it's been adulterated with some other illegal and much more dangerous drug. I take low dose opiates for migraine relief -- it does not seem to help with EM. I don't hide taking a pain relief pill from my children. And I would not hide my medical marijuana use (if it helps me, that is) from them either. Although I'd be careful not to smoke it around them, just as, if I was a tobacco smoker I would not do that around my children either. I'd also like the option of being able to eat it in something as I don't like smoke in my lungs or sinuses etc. If I'm going to try it for EM pain relief I want a government regulated quality product of the strength that would be applicable to my pain levels. Just like any other legal pain relief drug. I don't believe that marijuana, produced under strict govt. regulations by companies subject to the same laws as big pharma could possibly be any more dangerous than some of the medications on the market today. I'm sure it has it's pros and cons, just like panadol (acetaminophen) does.

I hope to see more reliable studies of the effectiveness and side effects of marijuana. As more and more countries legalize it I would expect this to happen.

blue

The preferred method in run rom the cure is to ingest the hemp oil , half a rice grain for the first week then very gradually increase the dosage. This is for cancer but I am assuming the same rules apply for pain. Smoking may be a bit of a waste.

There is a product called Sativex which is aimed at people with MS marketed by Bayer

http://www.gwpharm.com/Sativex.aspx

You spay it on the inside of a cheek , I have asked My Daughters Doctors if this may be worth a try, it is available for prescription.

I wonder what damage the big Pharma drugs do in the longer term to someone with a chronic illness, I doubt that medical marijuana is any worse than these as its naturally occurring.

I dunno we are just looking for something to make a difference. Hope we all get something and soon

Where I live it is regulated and you know just what each type is before you buy it. The doctor goes over what types will likely be benefit your type situation most. Then you go to a dispensery and the employees there seem to be very knowledgeable and can help you find products to try. I am rather new and still experimenting to find what works best. I have some on my list as keepers and others that don’t seem to help as much. They sell edible products so you don’t have to smoke it or you can make your own. Great thing about eating it is the pain relieving effects last longer. Bad thing is it takes the same amount if time for it to kick in as a morphine pill 45-1 hour. You can also use a vaporizer instead of smoking which is faster acting but doesn’t last as long. They have rubs and oils. The menthol cannabis rub didn’t help my EM at all and it was the most expensive product I bought. I thought with the menthol maybe but no. It may help regular muscle pain but certainly not the burning!.
Am sure different people respond to it differently just like pain meds. Em aside because I don’t want to count that pain. It is different than most pains.
I had a hysterectomy a few years ago and was given iv morphine in the hospital and percocet and morphine at home. I was in so much pain for a good month including while on iv meds in hospital. Terrible terrible pain. I thought that is just the way it has to be. Then my sister in law has the same procedure and is given the same drugs and she says smiling…no its not too bad. It helped her but didn’t help me.
I am sure with csnabis it is the same. Different people different pains and severities have different pain reliving results. I know it has helped me but it’s not magic …it only helps it doesn’t make it go away.

In Washington state going to a medical dispensary I spend about 50$ a month and that includes both some to use in a vaporizer and edible products. I usually only go in once a month and my edibles are only good for a few days. I wish I had more edibles available to me through the month but it is too difficult for me to go there a couple of times a week so I just make one trip a month. I don't use it daily but probably 5 days a week. Pretty much just for when I try to do a little house work and in the evenings when the flaring starts up regardless of my cool home.

It is cheaper than any of my other medications and that is after using my insurance on my regular meds.

Your welcome!

Reply by mads yesterday
Delete

Cannabis use in Pain.

Attachments:

Permalink Reply by mads yesterday
Delete

I think it helps with the pain. Makes doing everyday activities a little easier for sure

I had thought about medical marijuana as well; even my therapist thought it might be worth a shot, but it's not covered by insurance in my state and I'm on disability, so my income is VERY limited..

Anything could be better than the pain meds they're trying to stuff down my throat at this time..

I hate griping when others can't even GET pain meds, but this sucks too!

I don't know if you read my previous post Sab and I know 50$ is still nothing to be discounted but I can get mine for about 50$ a month. I pay more than that for my pain meds that are covered in part by my insurance.

Please let me know if you give it a try and if it helps.

Take care,

Alina

Marijuana DEFINITELY makes my EM 10x worse

A BIG THANK YOU for showing me the information regarding Medicinal Hemp - I watched the video and further research led me to the Video titled "RUN FROM THE CURE" on youtube - I watched the 58 minute video and am so glad I did -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0psJhQHk_GI (copy and paste the url into browser)

http://phoenixtears.ca/ (Great site - full of HOPE)

There are so many corrupt drug campanies in this world that it makes me sick - LITERALLY - that is about all they do is come out with synthetic manipulated drugs that cause more health problems that they help / (cure ?) ...

I am at the end of my tether with this horrid EM and have had such a hard time of it lately that I was seriously considering ending my miserable life - trying to find an answer to even help with the extreme pain I am suffering, BUT seeing the video about Hemp Oil and its curative benefits Ihave a RENEWED HOPE of something HELPING me and others with EM that I have to give it a try and find out for myself ...

The only trouble is that I don't know where I can get a supply of the oil or where I could get enough of the right strain of leaf to make my own oil from here but I am determined to find out and at least give it a go - I have nothing to lose and everything to GAIN ...

Any HELP in sourcing the ingredient/s for this HERBAL REMEDY would be of great interest and if it works I WILL SHOUT it from the rooftops ....

Please Private Message me if you can help ....

Take care everyone - There could be some hope on the horizon and not from the money making chemical companies.

Sincerest regards -

Greg (frostbite)

COOMA NSW

Australia.

1 Like

Guys - We just want to remind you that ALL drugs should only be taken under medical supervision.

Thanks

Mod team

Oh YES - Of Course you are right Mads .... sorry for any unintentional errors of judgement ..... Cheers, Greg.