Chills with pain?

I've been having extreme body chills with arm twitching when I'm experiencing high pain levels. Anyone else? And if so do you know why this happens?

Hi Lisers,

I have the same issue and take a muscle relaxer. I have always assumed it is part of my FMS. I also have severe stomach issues and have to watch for dehydration which can also cause the symptoms. hope this helps :)

This happens to me often too, and has for about 4-5 years. About 5 times a week. People asume I'm cold, even though I'm trembling. I thought it was because the pain is so high that you feel like your going to pass out, so the nerves start becoming even more agressive. I've told ALL the doctors I've ever seen, they have no idea. Also, I think it may have something to do with adrenaline excitement in the body, just suddenly turning on. Sorry I don't know more, I'm thrilled that we can all brainstorm. And, regarding another post you put out... YES, on sleeping pills, they are the only break the body can get. Zolpidem, is a generic of ambien that I find helpful.

Well Heidi, it is good to know that someone else has experienced it also. I was in the ER the other day & mentioned it to the doctor who's reply was "oh there is a virus going around". You've got to be kidding me! It has been happening for maybe 2 years off & on but this past week it has been just horrible & yes I think it is also because the pain is so bad because I've never had pain & sleepless as bad as this past week.

Heidi said:

This happens to me often too, and has for about 4-5 years. About 5 times a week. People asume I'm cold, even though I'm trembling. I thought it was because the pain is so high that you feel like your going to pass out, so the nerves start becoming even more agressive. I've told ALL the doctors I've ever seen, they have no idea. Also, I think it may have something to do with adrenaline excitement in the body, just suddenly turning on. Sorry I don't know more, I'm thrilled that we can all brainstorm. And, regarding another post you put out... YES, on sleeping pills, they are the only break the body can get. Zolpidem, is a generic of ambien that I find helpful.