Cool Pad

Just bought a cool Pillow Topper to rest my feet on when lying in bed. My mattress is a memory foam type and is quite warm. I tried all sorts to stop it from warming my tootsies from plastic sheets (too slippy) to shiny cardboard (too hard).

This PillowTopper is just the right size for under my feet at night and can be cooled in the 'fridge for a couple of hours prior to use if required. It doesn't warm up and is soft to the touch and comfortable in use.

Not as cold as the tiles in my utility which is where I am typing this but much nicer to stand on.

Anyone else tried one? Got mine from www.personalcooling.co.uk

Great site thanks for sharing.

Yeah, thanks for sharing, that looks like a really good idea.

Hi
I am new to this group and was wondering if you could share where you bought this cool pad.
I am from Quebec Canada so would appreciate an address to order on line if possible
Thank you for your help
Hope you are well

Hello Dominique,

I got mine (called a pillow topper) from www.personalcooling.co.uk

If they don't ship then maybe there is something similar in Canada you could try.

I so wish I could afford one... Might have to start saving if not then its the fan on bare legs in bed for a while longer..!! :) Enjoy Tilly x

Hello again Dominique. I phoned the company and they said to try www.katoby.com in Canada. This is a slightly different product in that it is thicker (about 2cm) and is water filled.

Otherwise in the US www.chillow.com where you will find one like mine. Maybe they will ship to Canada.

Dominique said:

Hi
I am new to this group and was wondering if you could share where you bought this cool pad.
I am from Quebec Canada so would appreciate an address to order on line if possible
Thank you for your help
Hope you are well

Hi Tilly, Great site thanks for sharing, I live here in the US and am really interested in this, But am a bit confused, You said you got the one called the pillow topper from www.personalcooling.co.uk.... But I live in the US and you said www.chillow.com has the same one.... What is the one you got? What is the exact name and what would it be on www.chillow.com... There are several different ones.... Is this the one you purchased?... and is this other the other one? Can you really stand on them too? I really mostly need it for bed, But also need something to stand on or to just sit with my feet on the ground

Also which one of these will fit the best at the foot of the bed to keep my feet cool while moving around at night while asleep...But, I really have the most trouble trying to fall asleep until the ambien kicks in and can fall asleep while the bottoms of my feet as well as the tops burn, I really think this will help, But want to make sure I get the right one and size.. Do you use this with a pillow or without? Do and can you use this just plain without a case... I just can't make sense out of it....

Hello jagmanss,

The one I have is called the Cool Pad pillow topper - not the original Chillow. There is a Mattress topper too. You don't add water to it like you would with the Chillow and it is not as thick. It looks just like the lower of the two pictures you added to your message. It is the same both sides and can be folded (it arrives folded) to put in the fridge if you want. I don't use it with a pillow but I suppose you could if you wanted to elevate your feet. I don't use a cover and it just wipes clean. If you are very restless maybe you could use the mattress topper instead to go right across the foot of your bed but that would be more costly.

Does that help?

Tillyp

jagmanss said:

Hi Tilly, Great site thanks for sharing, I live here in the US and am really interested in this, But am a bit confused, You said you got the one called the pillow topper from www.personalcooling.co.uk.... But I live in the US and you said www.chillow.com has the same one.... What is the one you got? What is the exact name and what would it be on www.chillow.com... There are several different ones.... Is this the one you purchased?... and is this other the other one? Can you really stand on them too? I really mostly need it for bed, But also need something to stand on or to just sit with my feet on the ground

Yes Tilly, That does help, Thank You... But I see that we here in the US can't order the Cool Pad pillow topper from them, So what would be the equivalent to that on chillow.com? To tell you the truth I would really want the Cool Pad pillow topper, Do you know if there is any other's that may sell that one here in the US?

Hello Jagmanss,

I'm sorry, but I don't know. I didn't check out the other two sites in Canada and the USA - just passed them on. Perhaps an email to www.personalcooling.co.uk asking questions might help you.

I have now had a look at the Chillow and the faq for it and it does seem less user friendly than the cool pad.

Sorry I can't be more help.

jagmanss said:

Yes Tilly, That does help, Thank You... But I see that we here in the US can't order the Cool Pad pillow topper from them, So what would be the equivalent to that on chillow.com? To tell you the truth I would really want the Cool Pad pillow topper, Do you know if there is any other's that may sell that one here in the US?

Hi Tilly

Just wanted to give you an update

I ordered my Chillow from the company Katoby located in Canada

I should be receiving it any day now.

Thanks again for doing the research for me, it's really appreciated

I'll update you as soon as I've had a chance to use it

Be well

Dominique

Hello Dominique, I hope the chillow proves effective for you. I am really surprised that the one I have (not chillow) is not available in the USA at the very least.
Maybe the chillow will prove to be better than the one I have. I'll be interested to know.

Dominique said:

Hi Tilly

Be well

Dominique

Hello Dominique, Just wondering how your Chilow works for you. Hope it has proved effective. Best wishes, Tilly
Dominique said:

Hi Tilly

Be well

Dominique

Hello all,

Any word on how any of these have worked for your EM and how well they work so far?

Chillow has been great help for the more painful flare ups at night
Thanks a million for the tip Tilly