Gel bliss!

i made a bunch of these and lay them at the feet of my bed (i don’t tuck my covers in). they stay cool enough for me without being kept in the freezer. i squish my hot feet in the during the night… squishing and wrapping them around ever so often to find a ‘fresh’ cool spot.

they are bliss.

i prefer to keep the chilblains on my toes dry, so it’s a convenient, great alternative to cool water.

just a thin thin layer of gel is required. **

What kind of gel is it?

same question: what kind of gel? Do you make it yourself? how do you get it in the bags? How do you store the gel and how long does it last before it goes bad?

gel is salt, cornstarch and food colouring for effect. boil equal parts and let it boil off …

let cool

the bags open up like large ziplock bags (found in walmart for &17)

spoon small amount into bags and use a rolling pin to spread … spread enough for a thin thin layer.

zip up seal (i used wax paper and a hair straightener to melt the seal a bit better)

let sit

gently push air out and turn the white cap (that you would attach your vacuum to inirder to store clothes airtight)

super cheap! super easy! so fantastic. i have made some really big ones but the big ones get real heavy!

there’s a link i posted with a tutorial in ‘DIY gel packs’ on this site