Recommedations for a doctor in Arizona that knows about EM

I have seen 3 different doctors in Arizona so far but none have heard of EM hoping maybe someone has some recommendations for help in my area

1 Like

Hi, I live in Arizona, I went to a dermatologist in Glendale, Desert Dermatology Dr Mackey. He had heard of it but never seen it. He ordered bloodwork, and did a skin biopsy, also said for me to see a Neurologist and rheumatologist to rule out other conditions that might be causing my symptoms. After ruling out lupus and rheumatoid arthritis and positive EMG tests, he finally diagnosed me with EM. Now they asked if I would meet with Drs at Mayo.
Definitely go see Dr Mackey.

1 Like

Ok I will defiantly see if I can see him. I have nerve pain already on and off from a bad neck I have 5 6 and 7 cervical fusion so wasn’t sure if that was a factor about 2 years ago I had an EMG test done but he said it was normal im actually suppose to have another one like pretty fast so im curious of what it will show. Some nights when I get into bed my face feels as though I have the worst sunburn and I try to roll back and forth on my pillow to cool down but just heats it up right away needless to say I haven’t been sleeping very well for a long while now