Sciatica Pain

I know this post is old, but I was diagnosed with EM serval years ago and now I’m having terrible sciatica pain. It’s an achy pain that is so uncomfortable, that it’s hard to sit or even lie down. Anyone know of a remedy for this?

I hope you don’t mind I split out your post to a new topic. I thought it best to start a new discussion as the member who created the other post is no longer an active user.

Sciatica pain is often treated with physical therapy first. It can usually be successfully treated with stretching and strengthening exercises. Low back pain usually originates with imbalances in the musculature at the force couple relationship of the pelvis. The quadriceps, hamstrings, abdominals, and erector spinae all work to stabilize the pelvis and hip. When there are imbalances, whether from inflexibility or muscle weakness, weight bearing can be transferred to areas it shouldn’t be and this can cause pain. Spinal stabilization depends on the strength and flexibility of these soft tissues.

An excellent program I use when I have low back pain is found in the book “FrameWork for the Lower Back” by Dr. Nicholas A. DiNubile. He is an orthopedic surgeon who has worked for the Philadelphia 76ers of the NBA and the Pennsylvania Ballet. The program laid out in the book is simple to follow and should help if there is a soft tissue solution to your sciatica pain.

His book can be found here:

This is great info. I will definitely check it out. Thanks so much.