Stretching help?

Has anyone else had success with stretching? I've been doing it everyday for about two weeks now and find when I do do it, I feel better, and when I don't, I feel worse. I do full body stretching and also stretch my hands and feet.

Glad you brought this up! Yes, in the morning before I get out of bed to go to work, I have started doing these calf stretches for about 15-20 minutes in front of the fan and notice my feet generally do better. I’m guessing it gets the blood flowing and returning.

You'll definitely feel better overall with stretching and maybe that helps blood flow. I stretch as well but don't find it affects my EM at all. If that works for you, GO for it!!!

Hello !

You're right, stretching does seem to help, I tried it in the form of Tai Chi and it really has helped!

What has also helped for me is seeking professional help in the likes of a psychologist who specializes in chronic pain. He has given me some useful tips, the one I have gotten the most benefit from is "Stay in the now", it has helped me get through the flare up and letting my mind wander to how bad this condition is going to get!

Hope this helps :)

Interesting! I've started Qi Gong and it also helps with relaxation and staying in the "now". I also do yoga. I do believe that these practices help us cope and heal.

Dominique said:

Hello !

You're right, stretching does seem to help, I tried it in the form of Tai Chi and it really has helped!

What has also helped for me is seeking professional help in the likes of a psychologist who specializes in chronic pain. He has given me some useful tips, the one I have gotten the most benefit from is "Stay in the now", it has helped me get through the flare up and letting my mind wander to how bad this condition is going to get!

Hope this helps :)

Dominique,
I couldn’t agree more! Keeping your mind and attitude in a healthy state is so important with this. I, too, go to someone who specializes in kinesiology and acutonics. Her view points are more of an Eastern philosophy when it comes to healing the body and mind. There is a connection between the two. She also counsels which has helped me tremendously. I was going every week when this first started, then twice a month, now once a month. I find I get out and do things I never would’ve considered in this state before (like hiking, walking longer distances while I am flaring). It’s important to try live your life and not let EM win.

I also see a therapist who has helped with relaxation techniques and breathing exersices. I'd like to try a martial art, probally a form of jujutsu.