EM is now getting more notoriety!

I went to my pain management doctor today, actually I have been going for years for my back which many years ago they implanted a pain pump in my abdomen. My back feels good of course the EM is awful. He is such a wonderful doctor and is always checking a medical conferences to see if anybody knows of or any news about pain relief for EM.

Today I went in for my routine office visit and he told me that in the medical information that he receives (I am not quite sure what that would be as far as the name) FINALLY, EM has been recognized as a real disease.......they only thing is it told about it, how painful, etc. It said there was no cure at this time and no real pain relief to date. I was so excited because every doctor I see (a lot for heart and several other illnesses have never heard of it and some didn't seem to have the time to. My Internist said that in Louisville, KY the doctors are going to know about it because I make sure any nurse or doctor I have 2 minutes with I tell them. Usually, they ask me first when they see my feet, legs and hands. All I can say is THANK YOU GOD!!

I have had recent cause to see a fair few doctors in the last 10 days for an injury I sustained. Several of them have remarked on the state of my feet and I have asked them to look EM up for the very reason that so few of them have heard of it. For the others that did not remark on my feet I told them anyway. Several took down details too which was encouraging. The more that know the better it will be for we sufferers of EM. Seeing physio tomorrow so will continue my indoctrination programme:-)

KEEP ON KEEPING ON, I truly believe any doctor that truly folllows the oath he took as a doctor will WANT to know more about it. The others I don't waste MY TIME with them. Nobody knows what all involves with this disease. My legs are starting to look like they could be amputated. They are very, very red as well as my feet turn so purple sometimes. Now it is going in to my legs.GOD BLESS YOU AND KEEP THE FAITH IN HIM!!!!
tillyp said:

I have had recent cause to see a fair few doctors in the last 10 days for an injury I sustained. Several of them have remarked on the state of my feet and I have asked them to look EM up for the very reason that so few of them have heard of it. For the others that did not remark on my feet I told them anyway. Several took down details too which was encouraging. The more that know the better it will be for we sufferers of EM. Seeing physio tomorrow so will continue my indoctrination programme:-)

So glad two of my EM sistas are joining together to educate the doctors of the United States and the UK. I love you Ms Tilly and Ms Cathy. Keep spreading the word and we will join with you to tell our physicians about EM it is something they need to know and research to properly treat us.

I love you ladies... Tollie

SPREAD THE WORD ALL WHO HAVE EM!!!!!!!!!