I was wondering if theres any EM sufferers who live near the Vancouver, British Columbia area?

Hi everyone my name is Vincent. And I was wondering if theirs any EM members in the Vancouver, British Columbia area. I live in the New Westminster and wonder if we can meet up and compare symptoms.

Hi LTuggermaut.

I live somewhat close but not quite close enough. I live in the Seattle area. I love the Idea of meeting up with others in your area. I'm not sure how to go about it but I am tossing around the Idea of setting something up where people can find others in their area and possibly meeting up. I'm not sure how accurate it is but the members map shows locations of patients. Maybe you can look at that to get some Ideas and send them messages to see if they are still there and would like to meet.

I have had the pleasure of talking on the phone with a friend of mine from this site and even just talking on the phone with someone else with EM is a great experience.

Good luck with finding someone in your area. Take care,

Alina

Hi there,

I live in Port Moody and have suffered with EM since I was 7 yrs old. I am now 42. If you want to talk

I can certainly meet up with you. I can usually meet up between 2-4 pm. if that works?

My name is Andrea

Hi Vincent
I live in Issaquah Wasington. I have had EM for 4 years. I very much like the idea of
a local support group and would happily support it. Having someone to talk to is key when dealing with something that cannot be explained to someone who doesn’t also have it. My name is Sharon and would be happy to talk with you any time by phone or meet if that’s an option. Wishing you good luck finding what works for you.

Hello again Vincent,hello Sharon. My name is Alina and I live in Tacoma WA. I am about an hour from Issaquah and 3 and a half hours from Vancouver. If we could meet halfway to Vancouver I would be up for it! The other delima is whee to meet that won’t be too warm. I believe there is a way to set up groups on this site and will look into that. We could make a group for those that live in the Pacific Northwest and put together a meet. Thank you Vincent for thinking of this it’s a great idea!

Hello from the other side of the world, Western Australia, I think you have the "best ever" idea of meeting up. My husband who is the patient meets hardly anybody these days, people without this condition do not understand why he does not go out . And we are having a very hot summer in Perth, temps around 100 F up and down a bit, since December.

Take care people and keep cool.

Hi Its Carson I,m not too good on the computers so this is the first time my husband can help me. i would love to talk to someone who suffers from any kind of foot stuff. The only thing anyone Doctors, podiatrists, etc have ever given me is Raynauds but There is so much more. I use an electric blanket even in summer when life is suppose to be goodwith my stuff. But sometimes they flare REDDD. especially a second toe that was fractured and I was talked into a steroid shot. Life has not been the same since. I have done tons of alternitive things too. Accupuncture, reflexology reiki faith healers etc. Tests are negative EMG and Qsart? It tests the sweat on your feet,its some sort of nerve test. I am 60 going on 80! these days. Wear thick socks and boots and my feet either freeze or burn up. Miss my old feet when i even see someone on TV in heels my feet go nuts. I,m nuts too. Feel like something is being missed. I live in Pittsburgh and love to go on the site just to know I,m not alone. Misery does like company in my case.

Dear Magie,

So sorry about your husband. It certainly is hard to explain to people!!! I also have people telling me to "get out more"!

My sister has a very bad condition of EM with extra complications. She moved to a wheel chair many years ago and gets herself to the swimming pool a lot. She is lucky that the pool she goes to has minimal chlorine and is salt water mainly. She mainly does treading water in the deep end and is now up to spending over an hour in the pool. We lived in Australia many years and will always love your country. I have also the EM very clearly last summer and fall. I am going through a great period right now where I think it is clearning up. I am doing many things to help. Deep breathing excercises (pranayama Yoga). I am eating all evening meals vegetarian with legumes and mainly animal proteins at lunch. I am trying to eat several forms of probiotics, a capsule, soya yogurt and will soon try another. My big problems started 7 yrs ago when I had a terrible sinusitus and this required several months of antibiotic treatment!!!. I did not know at the time that I was supposed to re establish a healthy stomach flora (known as your immune system). Since then my feet and other problems got worse and worse. Plantar facciitis turned into EM plus more...

Recently I found a doctor willing to do deeper tests and I showed her the photos of my feet and the EM photos from this site. Here in France she is a general practictioner doing homeopathy. In any case I had some immune systeme blood work she ordered for me that was not covered by insurance but showed high levels in my blood of dangerous bacterias (mononucleosis, past, and micoplasma pulmonary) and not enough of good bacteria. I am taking her prescritions methodically and no longer have pain keeping me up until 5 am and I am no longer taking pain killers. I am still hot in my feet but not as intense. I am also following the advice of a shiatsu practitioner and doing a helbal treatment to repair nerve tissues.

I know this is a lot of changes for most people but please give it a try. It will take 3 months to see results and must be continued for a while. The pain killers can be eased off later as you get more confidence.

I hope this helps some what and thanks for posting!!

Lorna King, a canadian living in France as of 1.5yrs now.

Maggiebarb said:

Hello from the other side of the world, Western Australia, I think you have the "best ever" idea of meeting up. My husband who is the patient meets hardly anybody these days, people without this condition do not understand why he does not go out . And we are having a very hot summer in Perth, temps around 100 F up and down a bit, since December.

Take care people and keep cool.

Thank you Christina.
I am so happy too read about someone who has found something that brings them such relief. Thank you for sharing in such detail so others can choose to make some of these changes. Please keep us posted on your progress. You bring some much needed encouragement! Thank you,
Alina.

Hi Vincent. I live on van. Island and I have EM. I travel to van to go to ubc every couple of months to see my doctor. Have you been able to find a good doctor?? I see dr. Pimstone at ubc and he is really good and knows a lot of EM. He helped me a lot!