Lidocanine Patches

Dale - I sent you a message about the infusion.

Well unfortunately, the lidocaine IV stopped working last night. I had my flare come on at the usual time. It was only the first infusion so I'll see how the next two affect it. I would recommend trying the IV lidocaine as the papers about treating EM (both primary and secondary) suggest that there's a good chance of it working. The way that it works suggests that it would be very effective for patients who can't get relief from the standard treatments.

Hi all! I have been out of this loop for a while and just getting back in. I was in denial thinking if I don't read about EM that it might GO AWAY but it doesn't work that way, does it? I have tried the lidocaine patches a couple of years ago but like some people have commented they stop working after a while. I was wondering about the drip and if it would help but because my body is so sensitive to anything foreign, synthetic, chemical (etc.) I have been scared to. Besides the fact that we don't have any health ins. right now. I have found that the lidocaine in solarcaine is the best thing I can put on my flaring feet. Also I have less flares if I stay away from food triggers.

I tried these a few years ago, and did nothing for me if anything it made my feet burn more due to the patches on my feet/skin.

Yes, I believe it would be a good thing for you to try. An external thing might be better for you rather than ingesting something your syatem might have a negative reaction to. You could ask your doctor for a perscription for the lidocaine patches & see if they give you any relief. You could also look for over the counter cooling creams with lidocaine as an ingredient. That seems to help my feet and aspirin helps my fingers when they are flaring.

I tried lidocaine patches for pain in feet but it made it worse.As for any painkillers Iwish you luck as I have found nothing that works.I do not mean to sound so negative but I have found nothing that works for me.

Dale