Neurologist in Jacksonville , Florida Area

Hello all, I am new to this group. Thank God I found it as you all well know that dealing with EM is unbearable. I had to go to Cleveland Autonomic Lab to get diagnosed as I thought the EM was from my RA. We moved into a house that is about a block and 1/2 from the ocean. I can walk in the ocean tide early in the morning or at night. It makes my feet feel so much better for a little bit. Trying to find a neurologist in the Jacksonville Florida area. I live on Amelia Island, Fernandina Beach Florida. The neurologist I saw last Monday told me he had never heard of EM and that II knew more about the disease then he does. He told me I am not going to charge you but will refer you to the Mayo Clinic or University of Jacksonville Florida. Just wondering if anyone knows of a good neurologist in northern part of Florida. Thanks, Linda

Linda,

I live in Palm Coast, Florida and have an appointment with the Mayo Clinic on April 2nd 2012 in Jacksonville with neurologist Dr. Devon Rubin ... It is my understanding that he has knowledge of EM...l'll let you know how it goes... I contacted a member from the erythromelalgia association fom the jacksonvilee area who went to him years ago and she said that he knows about EM and diagnosed her...

Don't wate your time with any of the UCF neurologist in Gainseville... The one I saw, knew nothing about it, But could not tell me if anyone else at the University would know and referred me to Rheumatology there, But had no idea if they would know anyhing... Not sure if UCF in Jacksonville would be any better, But doubt it...

I think my best shot is the Mayo and will let you know what happens...

Steve