Veins swelling

Has anyone else noticed that during or before a flare that your veins swell (vasodilate) I know I’m about to have a flare because my veins are extra blue under my skin. When I’m having a bad flare they’re at keasttwice their size and bulge out of my ski it’s very painful especially in my hands

Is this only me?

No, I noticed vein swelling last year even before I had the redness. The veins in my hands and feet, and even up my forearms would swell. I am 40 years old and I looked like a 90 year old lady. Even my 87 year old neighbor commented about how large my veins looked. Yes, mine are very blue under the skin and swell to large proportions. I will send you a photo later, but I need to run out right now.

Thank you for responding, as sorry I am to know you suffer like this too its a relief to know someone else has this problem. Mine only occurs during flares or when I’m exerting my hands though. Is yours always swollen or just when you’re not feeling well, ill post a picture later too.

Mine swell and bulge badly beofre and during flares too but mainly on my feet.

I notice this on the palms of my hands, below my thumbs. They will look blue and the veins in my wrists will bulge too.

Kalamazoo

Glad i'm not the only one who has this happen.I've always just thought I had lg veins!!

See the thing is I’m only 22 and was never like this before. They’re only swollen during a flare. Are all of yours constantly swollen or only during a flare?

Mine are like that most of the time.But the do look blue and more swollen during a flare.

Kalamazoo said:

See the thing is I'm only 22 and was never like this before. They're only swollen during a flare. Are all of yours constantly swollen or only during a flare?

I call it pop, my veins pop during flair from feet up to my knees. It is not however, always a precursor to a flair for me, only sometimes